Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy 2 on meteor

Options
  • 21-06-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

was looking at these couple of weeks ago week on there website and they were 249 on the smart 35 plan and said to meself ill start putin a few quid away each week and buy it. after checkin it there and there gone up to 280 now. wont have the cash for another couple of weeks,do meteor hav a habit of jacken up and down there prices like this? i know its only 30 euro but every penny counts these days!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Still €249, if you port your number. ...and you can get a €40 rebate from fatcheese.ie.

...but they may ask for a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

im currently a meteor payg customer and changen to bill pay and lookin to keep my same number so is that porten my number???

No, only if moving from another network... The price was always €279 for this AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Marco85

Just some advice to try save you some money for your Samsung GSII

Car Phone Warehouse, have a trade in scheme, whereby you can get some money off any new phone you purchase. Details are usually in the CPW magazine. Also I have found that any contract phone bought from CPW are unlocked.

Off hand you get 150 off you GSII for trading in a HTC Desire, 80 off on a N97, N95 and so on... But trade in price is reviewed every month.

Good luck

cheers for the heads up dammer but only hav a nokia 5310 at the moment so wouldnt be worth tradin in,will keep as a backup!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

OP, I hoe you haven't bought the phone yet. According to the Meteor website, the Galaxy S2 is now €170 for Meteor PAYG customers moving to a contract.

NuMarvel wrote: »
    OP, I hoe you haven't bought the phone yet. According to the Meteor website, the Galaxy S2 is now €170 for Meteor PAYG customers moving to a contract.

It's actually €139! That's a nice discount, I wonder why they aren't shouting about it... unless it's an error, and should be SGS1... :D

...hang on, it is the same price! WTF?

It's actually €139! That's a nice discount, I wonder why they aren't shouting about it... unless it's an error, and should be SGS1... :D

...hang on, it is the same price! WTF?

€140 for customers porting from another network, the key part of my post was "the Galaxy S2 is now €170 for Meteor PAYG customers moving to a contract." :p

And yeah, I was surprised at the drop as well. Maybe it's their way of competing with all the Free Smartphone offers? Then again, how long has the phone been on the market? Maybe a price drop like this is standard after a certain period of time?

NuMarvel wrote: »
    €140 for customers porting from another network, the key part of my post was "the Galaxy S2 is now €170 for Meteor PAYG customers moving to a contract." :p

And yeah, I was surprised at the drop as well. Maybe it's their way of competing with all the Free Smartphone offers? Then again, how long has the phone been on the market? Maybe a price drop like this is standard after a certain period of time?

Oh yeah, sorry. :D

bought it last week for 250 and a 70 quid deposit,f***in b**tards!!!!!

• Advertisement

Marco85 wrote: »
    bought it last week for 250 and a 70 quid deposit,f***in b**tards!!!!!

Oh dude, that's gotta burn! :(:(

ah well **** happens! thats a great price for the phone now considering its only out a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

Nah lads bill pay is not an option, im young and have no source of regular income.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Hey, I'm on Meteor PAYG now. Is there anyway to get the phone for the €139.99 rather than €169.99 e.g. moving to O2 and then switching straight back to meteor?

dave_t wrote: »
    Hey, I'm on Meteor PAYG now. Is there anyway to get the phone for the €139.99 rather than €169.99 e.g. moving to O2 and then switching straight back to meteor?

No. Meteor don't consider it porting unless you've been away for 30 (or maybe even 90..?) days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

No. Meteor don't consider it porting unless you've been away for 30 (or maybe even 90..?) days now.

how do you know this, written anywhere in black and white or personal experience?

BArra wrote: »
    how do you know this, written anywhere in black and white or personal experience?

Sorry, I might have misread it, this is the only reference I can find to porting now, and only applies to prepaid bonus credit.
    New Handset/Sim Purchase – Porting Number
    Where a new prepaid customer to the Meteor network purchases and activates a handset and moving or ports' their number from another Irish mobile telephony network within the Offer Period, save for any who have previously left the Meteor network within the last three months prior to porting, they may avail of Meteor's Double Credit Forever promotion – the distinct terms of which are set out at http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/double_credit_forever_promotion

Maybe you can port and back in one day, worth a try for €30. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

The only thing is you'd probably have to top up the o2 sim in order to activate it. Sounds like a bit of hassle to me. I emailed meteor and asked if they would give it to me for €139.99 on account of me being a customer for so long. I'm not holding my breath though

the missus wants to get the phone now! how does the process of buyin the phone online work? so u put in all ur details and pay by credit card i take it and then do you have to go to meteor shop and show ur forms of i.d and then the phone gets delivered to you? will she get stung to pay a deposit if she buys it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just go into your nearest shop with a photo ID, a proof if address from the last 3mts and her bank account details and she can walk out of the shop with it 10minutes later. Her chance of a deposit also decreaces and she can also get the phone exchanged for a new one if there's a fault. It's not as simple online.

• Advertisement

Marco85 wrote: »
    the missus wants to get the phone now! how does the process of buyin the phone online work? so u put in all ur details and pay by credit card i take it and then do you have to go to meteor shop and show ur forms of i.d and then the phone gets delivered to you? will she get stung to pay a deposit if she buys it online?

You pay online with credit card, they email a contract for you to print, sign and return with your photocopied ID. If a deposit is required you will be asked for that first, payable over the phone by Laser. I don't think it makes any difference if you go online or in store the deposit requirement is decided by the same process.

As above, it is much easier to go into a shop, you'll know right away if you need a deposit, and the whole process only takes 10 minutes, but does cost a little more.
    You can haggle with them - ask for a discount on the phone, and ask for the same tariffs as online, you might be lucky.

will go to the shop to get her it then. i bought it last week and they matched the online price that was 250 at the time and the smart 35 for 30 a month. i went in to the shop a few days beforehand and asked them to hold me one and was told the price and everything but they never said anything bout deposit until i went in to buy ans stung me for 70 euro!!!!

When I went to get one they agreed to match the online prices but I was asked for a €300 deposit. :rolleyes:

When I went to get one they agreed to match the online prices but I was asked for a €300 deposit. :rolleyes:

and did you give it to them? when i was gettin mine your woman was putin in all the details on to the system for about 15 mins and the process was nearly complete and then she says 'thats comin back with a 70 euro deposit,is that ok with you'? i had the money so i just said yeah but kinda got the impression that if i didnt have it and said no she still would have sold me the phone! are they strict on the deposits?

Yeah, they are rigid on deposits, it is decided off in the credit control dept. I said I had 150 on me but they wouldn't budge.
    I bought SIM free and ported instead, worked out cheaper over the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

When would I get the deposit returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RecessionBuster

Hi all, just wondering does any1 kno where is the best deal on this phone at the moment,

on PAYG O2 at the moment and thinking of switching to bill pay 3, but is there anywhere I could stay PAYG and get phone for a non-astronomical price?

Hi all, just wondering does any1 kno where is the best deal on this phone at the moment,

on PAYG O2 at the moment and thinking of switching to bill pay 3, but is there anywhere I could stay PAYG and get phone for a non-astronomical price?

€449 on Vodafone PAYG, or ~€400 new on adverts.ie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone know when meteor are getting new stock in on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

CramCycle wrote: »
    Anyone know when meteor are getting new stock in on this?

No idea. It's been out of stock online for the past week.

Advertisement