Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGDE Accommodation

Options
  • 21-06-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey Im doing the PGDE after the summer and I was just looking for advice on accommodation. Does anyone know where the best places would be for a postgrad as it will be my first year in UCD and I dont know that much about the place. Or better still is there anyone out there in a similiar position or looking for another person to stay with them. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

I'm the same, well I have a conditional offer for a Masters and still unsure if I'll be going. But I have been looking on daft.ie but I'm really not sure what exact areas would be best to look in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EKucd

Hey!
    I'm doing the PGDE in UCD this year too. I did my undergrad in UCD, I lived on campus for 2 years and off it for a year and a bit....
    Whatever you do... don't live on campus!
    Belgrove - Merville - Roebuck... they're all full of 1st years... they're total party houses! I lived in Glenomena in the final year of my degree, it was supposed to cater to postgrads only... I was living with 5 first years... it was horrible.... like, I know in first year I was probably a bit wild myself but you're gonna be wrecked after TP and college, the last thing you need is to be stuck in a dirty noisy kip on campus.
    Even if you've paid the deposit already.... just leave it... it's not worth it. I'd never live on campus again. Theres some decent houses in walking distance from the college if you keep an eyes out... clonskeagh, donnybrook, stilorgan, kilmacud, windy arbour, blackrock are all good places to keep an eye out for!

Advertisement