Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benchrest rifle

• 21-06-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

wheres the best place in ireland to go get a 22benchrest rife?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I dunno if there is any answer to that question.

It depends on what you wish to shoot

Heavy Varmint
    Light Varmint or
    International Sporter

It also depends on your budget.

If you only want to shoot International Sporter I have seen some guys do extremely well with a basic CZ452.

I know Pat Cooke@Hilltop has some very nice Anschutz Heavy Varmint rifles which will put a nice hole in your pocket.

He also has the advantage of a range on site so you can go try out a few models if they strike your fancy.

Hope it helps.

B'Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

heavy varmint and light varmint type is what id be looking at have the cz for sporter allready but using it for light and heavy varmints pointless,its fun to shoot but id like something i might be able to compete with,i was thinking maybe a 1907 or 1913 barreled action and a stock for it,something along those lines thats why i wanted go somewhere that had stuff like that in stock,does intershoot up north have rifles in stock or do they just order stuff in for people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭clivej

Try Intershoot for a benchrest 22lr

i sent sam an email there but wasnt sure if you can just go up to them?i wanted hold a few in my hand see what i think of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

You're more than welcome any time Bazza888, no harm in lookin!! ;)

You will struggle to get much more accurate than an Anschutz target rifle action, and you know what you want in the line of a stock.

• Advertisement

thanks intershoot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

There is/was an Annie BR rifle in Stakelums, Thurles, can't remember model or price

Advertisement