Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Debate 2011 - Is 'X' a kiss or a hug...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm so tempted to ban you just for posting that.Can some please explain to me why someone needs to put that many x's on something? At least one person here does it,lookin at you young'uns ¬.¬

Awh, please don't. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx JOKING! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't know why this thread has occured, but yeah 'x' is a kiss. Obviously. And I've never seen a boy put x's and o's at the end of a text...
    I don't put anything cos I have a heart of stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

You mean in text form or in real life?
    Text.

I won't put in xxx's unless the girl makes a point of using an excessive amount of x's. And I always use the same amount, it is what I manually typed the first time and the prediction that comes up after I put 2 xx's together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Heya xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Slow Show wrote: »
    These days I send far too many smileys though because texts/instant messages just seem too serious without them.

I over-smiley CONSTANTLY on FB chat, seeing as ":L" is one of the few effective ways to point out sarcastic comments.

My text messages, meanwhile, are all written in plain sentences. I also have a habit of going to two\three texts sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

deise_girl wrote: »
    Brummytom gives me loadsa x's and o's!! :pac:

But yea Ninny(That is your new name :) ) awkz for you coz who really gives more than an x or two?
    Lying bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Namlub wrote: »
    I don't put anything cos I have a heart of stone.

Sniff...I thought you were one of the nice ones... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

brummytom wrote: »
    Lying bitch

Dont make me print out them msn convos....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I don't think I ever use x's in texts or anything....I'm not a really hugg-y person either

God I must seem heartless.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

This has to be up there among the daftest threads on boards. Its even sillier than that one the ladies lounge used to have, asking what shoulder you carried your handbag on.
    The only question here is: why were you watching that thread?! :p
    Slow Show wrote: »
    These days I send far too many smileys though because texts/instant messages just seem too serious without them.
    I've contracted that disease! :(

I blame QoL! :P :D:o :cool:

Does anyone else think that Noel and ninty should stop obsessing about the relative value of x and o in texts, and go play x and o in real life instead?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Anyone ever wonder why an x is a kiss though?

I've been told, that it came from the middle ages when not everyone could write. So they would sign their name with an x, and kiss the x to seal the document. With time the x came to symbolise the kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Jaaysus ninty :rolleyes: Course x is a kiss :confused:
    And that x theory seems kinda cool cian where did you hear that?

Advertisement