Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man shed. Budget question.

Options
  • 21-06-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Hello guys,
    I am planning to build a shed at the side of my house. I would love to have a bit of space to do woodwork and store my man bits.
    imagegpt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I would build it the width of the yard and from the wall to window. Roughly 3*4m with a concrete base. 2*4 joists with plywood on the outside. I would like to tile the roof so it wont look out of place with the house. I would put a velux in the roof which I think I can get fairly cheaply on adverts.
    I would do most of the work myself and have a builder friend who would help with pouring the concrete and the building.
    Would 1500 get the job done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

moved to prices and costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

as the advert says...

cost of a man shed..........priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Put a good lock on it and don't give her indoors a key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Great location, right under the Sat. Dish. Upgrade Free to Sky+, keep the old box, drop a lead from the Dish, you will have all the free to air. And the card can go missing from the house for the match.Insulate well, and get a comfy chair. Rig an electrical connection for the beer-fridge and the TV........happy days

Advertisement