Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Mobile Phone & Midband Credit Limits

Options
  • 22-06-2011 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭

There's a constant barrage of thread where people are getting ripped off left right and centre for over usage on data. The networks are basically giving people an uncapped credit limit. Without even preforming a credit check.

Is it about time something was done, we've seen €10,000+ bills on Boards and it's all got well out of hand especially with the rise of the SmartPhones.

If you apply for any financial product like an overdraft or credit card you'r given a credit limit, it seem to be no holds barred when it comes to mobile networks, they seem to extend you an unlimited credit limit that they expect you to be able to pay.

3 have a system in place where they put a credit limit on your account and warn you if your coming near it so you know you've gone over your allowance and are given the choice to pay down your balance or wait until your units are refreshed. Bill Big Shock is not something you see on 3.

I've seen 2 threads today in relation to o2 & one on Vodafone where people have got completely screwed over for data. I think they need to be called to task and stop issuing people with uncapped credit limits and from what i've read they seem to be unable or unwilling to put a cap on peoples accounts.

I for one do not want a phone with an uncapped credit limit and so have a limit in place just like my credit card.
    What's peoples opinion on this, do you think it's something that now should be regulated for consumers?

Advertisement