Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4 - 3pay new sim

Options
  • 22-06-2011 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, Bought an iphone 4 off ebay a few weeks ago. Decided to get a new 3 sim(because it was free) and i filled it down to fit, also jailbroke it (it was locked to the o2 network). The sim is recognized in the phone but it can't make or recieve calls.

Do I have to activate the sim or something? and if so how? The phone gets 1 bar of signal for a while but then after a while it will say "service unavailable".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't mean to frighten you but the last one I saw like that was blacklisted(reported missing or stolen)

The fact that you filed down the sim yourself could mean it doesn't fit right or you damaged it in some way. If you go into a 3 store and get a proper micro sim it might work.
    You could also call o2 and give them the imei number and they can tell if the phone is blocked or not. If you also try a micro o2 sim and see does that work as it could be the way you unlocked it caused a problem.
    Just try some friends sims tomorrow from their iphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neonlampshade

ohh ****, really hope its not... :S is there anyway to tell if its been blacklisted? cause honestly when i got the sim, i didn't even check if it would work in a phone. I just started filling down LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

iphones from ebay are bad (sweeping statement but a large chunk of truth to it IMO)

Advertisement