Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Card

Options
  • 22-06-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Has anyone done the online course to get their White Card from Ireland?

I'd like to get it out of the way so it will be one less thing to do when I get there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pauge2007

Yes you can do it online.It takes about 2 hours to do it and you can print your certificate when you pass.When you arrive you can apply for the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

I found the best to be http://www.bluedogtraining.com.au

Fairly easy online as it uses webcam to monitor you and take photos of ID required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 decoleftside

Hi poodles,

dont normally use the forum but seen your post and wanted to let you know.
    I did the white card course in sydney yesterday and the guy giving it, amoung the boring anecdotes he muttered all day, did warn about doing the white card course on line from ireland for example and how these on line courses are a scam and wont be accepted on a site in NSW cause they cant prove it was you that did it. He might be talking BS but wanted to let you know.
    Skipz may be right, there maybe some that have good ID recognition but i would be careful about that.
    The cost of the course here was 110 dollars, just so you can compare.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Friend of mine did his White card from my house (in Ireland) two weeks ago with blue dog. No problems with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Graham wrote: »
    Friend of mine did his White card from my house (in Ireland) two weeks ago with blue dog. No problems with it so far.

I did it on line the last day and it took about 2hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

I did mine thru Bluedog Training and got my Western Australia white card in the post a week later.

I see the point that some states might not accept courses done online as you could get somebody to do it all for you and help you, but at the end of the day my white card is the same as any other mans card, although i'm sure people can check were you did you course, and check your card number to see if it is legit. From what I can see its only a basic card that could easily be made by any one with the propper equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

theres only options for QLD WA and TAS !! which one should you do if heading to sydney ??? or would they not count ??

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

NIALL D wrote: »
    theres only options for QLD WA and TAS !! which one should you do if heading to sydney ??? or would they not count ??

Sydney is in New South Wales bro

ifeelill wrote: »
    Sydney is in New South Wales bro

am i know !!?? like thats what i mean ! what good is that site if ya cant get a white card to allow you to work in sydney / NSW ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Afaik there used to be different coloured cards for different states. I think it was a blue card I got for QLD in 06

The white card is now Aus wide.

I did mine online and bit took me about 40 mins with some aveling mob I think. I skipped the boring training part and went straight to the questions when I could.

They phoned me the next day and asked some questions about the course to confirm it was me that did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

NIALL D wrote: »
    am i know !!?? like thats what i mean ! what good is that site if ya cant get a white card to allow you to work in sydney / NSW ??

Sorry didn't realize i was dealing with a teenage girl. In answer to your question it's no good to you !! Build a bridge and get over it. :pac:

ifeelill wrote: »
    Sorry didn't realize i was dealing with a teenage girl. In answer to your question it's no good to you !! Build a bridge and get over it. :pac:

hey hey , jasus your fair funny :D some boy ;)

so to the people that actually know what there talking about , if i do the white card on any of the other online sites i will be able to use it in any part of australia ??

thanks ..

Advertisement