Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permanently securing swing and trampoline

• 22-06-2011 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I have an 8ft trampoline and a tp metal swing set. I want to put these up in a garden in such a way that they can't be knicked.

I've thought about concrete so four concrete blocks for the swing, and I'm presuming would need 3 concrete trenches for the trampoline. My worry with this is making sure both items are level.

I then saw you can get anchors, so was thinking these might work - but i'm presuming it'd be easy enough for someone to just cut the metal lock that i'd have to use to secure both items to the ground anchor.

I'm just wondering if there's an alternative? Ideally i'd love to be able to move the items at some stage, or even to be able to take in for the winter, while still keeping them safe from theives during the summer.

Any suggestions welcome.
    thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Are thieves stealing Trampolines? They're a bit bulky to be off with?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

midlandsm -I'd hope they wouldn't be interested, and the swing set would require dismantling too ... but where they'll be you could take your time dismantling, and no-one would be the wiser. They're worth more to me playwise then cost-wise, and would just be a pain if they got knicked - so i'm trying to deter thieves if at all possible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Friends of mine have a large trampoline which was getting blown around the garden and causing all sorts of damage. They wanted to be able to move it from time to time, as well as preventing it from blowing around. The solution was bent re-bar (around a foot long) hammered into the ground.
    Certainly keeps the trampoline in place but I don't know if it would be sufficient to stop determined thieves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

If the swing & trampoline is in a lawn, and you are putting down concrete anchors, be sure that the concrete is a few inches below ground level and then back filled with soil.

If a little one falls and hits their head of the edge of a lump of concrete, it won't be pleasant.

Advertisement