Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Battery

Options
  • 22-06-2011 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I got myself a Kindle a couple of months ago and I am starting to use it quite a lot. I have noticed that the battery is not lasting very long. I would read one book and the battery would be compleatly zapped. I have checked that the WIFI is off.

Is anyone else have these problems..? How long should the battery last in terms or page turns...?

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

P.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Contact amazon, they'll offer you better advice than you'll get here. If there's a fault they'll probably replace your kindle with a very quick turn around time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

In terms of page turns, I don't know but I can tell you that I charged mine just before beginning the (almost) complete "Song of Ice and Fire" series. There's still about 25% of the battery remaining and I'm near the end of the second book which means I've covered approximately 2000 real pages worth of turns.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I read "Wise Man's Fear" without the battery running out. It's a 1000-page book, equating (at my text size) to about 1500-2000 page turns. You should definitely get a good bit of time before having to re-charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I got mine in early June and I haven't charged as yet, my battery is perfect and it lasts ages, I am most impressed..

I do turn wireless off though (and only turn it on when I need to buy books)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WDW1111

I find my Kindle 3 battery lasts about 10 days if wireless is left on or about 3 weeks if it's turned off (and I read a LOT!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

bedlam wrote: »
    If you have put a large number of books on it recently this will result in the battery life temporarily not lasting as long, as the Kindle will have to index the books. Once indexed however battery life should stabilize (until you put more books on).

If the above doesn't match what you've done, as Mactard said, it's best to contact Amazon customer support.

I think this is what caused my battery to die. I uploaded 1600 books onto it. The battery has now settled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

padair wrote: »
    I think this is what caused my battery to die. I uploaded 1600 books onto it. The battery has now settled.

I'm assuming you didn't buy 1600 books. So where do you generally get your free ebooks from?

BostonB wrote: »
    I'm assuming you didn't buy 1600 books. So where do you generally get your free ebooks from?

I likve boards too much and I do not want to get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 36 de Faoite_girl

Hi,

I have had my Kindle (keyboard one) since October and the battery lasted as advertised at first, that is around 4 weeks.

However, I have noticed that my battery seems to be draining quite rapidly already.

After fully charging my Kindle, the battery is down to 75% after only 2-3 days while reading about one hour per day.

Wi-Fi is constantly off too, never on.

Have other people experienced the same or should I get directly to amazon for a replacement?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have had my Kindle (keyboard one) since October and the battery lasted as advertised at first, that is around 4 weeks.

However, I have noticed that my battery seems to be draining quite rapidly already.

After fully charging my Kindle, the battery is down to 75% after only 2-3 days while reading about one hour per day.

Wi-Fi is constantly off too, never on.

Have other people experienced the same or should I get directly to amazon for a replacement?

Thanks!

Have you reciently added alot of books to the kindle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 de Faoite_girl

Nope. Didn't add any book at the time the battery first drained and I only have 32 books a present. Not to bothered since I don't really travel anyway so I cam charge it every week at home.

But I was just wondering as the 4 week period advised only happened once for me.

Advertisement