Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sugar free / keto veggie diet?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this?

I think im gona attempt it, ive been eating way too much sugary food and ive gone up a dress size. my bf and his friend are on a ketos diet but i cant exactly do that coz its mostly meat so i was looking at a sugar free diet but turns out to be very similar to ketos diet!!

if anyone has done this could ya post some examples of breakfast, lunch and dinner for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You could check out the subreddit for it: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/, they seem to have resources on it.

Or, the Nutrition and Diet forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm intolerant to anything that contains sugar or sweetners (including fruit).

Your life is going to suck starting now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

thanks been on reddit, not much on the veggie side but learned a bit :)

awww jim!! dont be mean! lol

but while your being mean, can you give me an example day for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Can be done but is far more difficult for a vegetarian.

Your main allies will be eggs/cheese. Another big one is protein powder. Though you'll have to have it with water or double cream (too many carbs in milk)

nuts/tofu. green veg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

decided to go with... if the item is more then 1% sugars its no go.

hopefully that works, gives me a bit more leeway but a hell of a lot less sugar :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Just remember you don't need a "type" of diet.

If you work out how many calories you need per day, and eat 500cal less than that, you will soon be back down a dress size. 500 cal per day leads to losing approx 1lb per week - so its very manageable/healthy.

Wrote this post to give a dig out to someone on N&D. You may find it helpful. The links in it explain how to calculate daily calorie expenditure

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72647737&postcount=4

Advertisement