Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky HD

• 22-06-2011 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I recently purchased a new HD READY TV I have a sky hd box but when I try to watch a program in HD I find there is no difference in the picture.
    Is there a difference between HD TELEVISION & HD READY TELEVISION ??
    If so is there something I need to do on the tele to activate HD. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

What size is your TV and are you connected to the sky box using the scart lead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 The Dav

Hi jobyrne30 my television is a sony bravia hd 32 inch. There is only 1 scart lead and thats only conected from dvd player to televison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭homelink

The Dav wrote: »
    Hi jobyrne30 my television is a sony bravia hd 32 inch. There is only 1 scart lead and thats only conected from dvd player to televison
    You need to get a HDMI lead in order to watch HD. You should have got one with your Sky HD box.

Thanks homelink will contact sky first thing in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The Dav wrote: »

if there is only one scart and its connecting your dvd to the tv...how is your sky box connected to the TV?

• Advertisement

Hi Riskymove it looks like its connected with a HDMI cable. Is it possible that this cable might be faulty as I see no difference in quality between viewing standard channels and hd ones

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

How do you tune into your Sky HD receiver, to view the channels in HD it must be through one of the external inputs, this it to receive the signal from the HDMI, if you have it tuned into a channel number then you are just using the feed from the RF out and can only get the standard def same as an aerial.

HDMI will be in one of the sockets on the rear of the TV, see what number that is, press menu, select external input and select the relevant source, on sky remote key in channel 143 (BBC HD) and you should have it. Unless you have a SKY HD sub thats one of the only free HD channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

is the tv setup to use the hdmi connection?

try removing the scart and connecting just the hdmi.

ensure hdmi is set up on sky box.

hi john mac & gift grub 100 will check both sugestions and see how it goes. Thanks

Advertisement