Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new E class emissions

Options
  • 22-06-2011 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

does anybody have any info on the new revised E class with the 7 speed auto replacing the 5 speed?
    It has lower emissions and I wonder if that will entail a lower price?
    I rang a dealer who claimed to know nothing but I read a review recently in Autocar about this I am pretty sure.
    Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Parkers (http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/summary.aspx?model=1759) list both versions and seem to have co2 figures for all the models.

For example for the E200 it takes the co2 drop from 184 to 170 - droping it down to the 447 road tax band (from 630). This would also drop the VRT rate - no idea if the importer/dealers will be passing this on though....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

The tax will be coming down on all E classes soon, as mentioned there is the new seven speed box, which will put the four cylinder diesel autos into band B (rather than band C as before).

This should as noted reduce the cost of having the auto - I think it's five grand at the moment for the privilege of not having to change gears yourself - and let's be honest - a Merc has got to be an automatic.

What I think is really interesting is the fact that the E200 petrol is now in band C for the automatic, most E250 petrols are in band C (the models with bigger tyres are in band D) rather than band E as before, and of course the six cylinder models are much improved for CO2 - the E350 CDI is now in band D for CO2 rather than band F, and once the new MoVe V6 and V8 petrols go in, the E350 petrol will be in either band D or band E, and the E500 will be in band F rather than band G - so €1050 tax for the V8 rather than the €2,100 that you currently pay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

I presume that dealers want to sell what is in stock so will keep info on newer revised models under wraps until current stock gone.

Guy I talked to was adamant no lower emission car coming!

Advertisement