Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway tattoos?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hey Guys,i'm not sure if theres any current information here about galway tatto shops, google shows 3 in galway, only one of which i recognise, considering getting a couple of religious pieces done on my upper arm/ shoulder blade when i have to visit the city in the next week or so, and was wondering which shops are reccomended at the mo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 xxtrazaxx

Heya

I went to victors its a very clean place got my nose pierced there aswel. i found them very good my tattoo healed completly in a few days and never scabbed or anything. Their reasonably priced aswel i went into them and they said my tattoo would cost €80 but the following week i went in to book it and they said it would be €60. I had no problems with them and as it was my firs tattoo they made me feel at ease and kept talking to them.

You really need to go into the place and look at their work to really choose where to go.

Best of luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You can't go wrong with Sean or anyone in Custom tattoo imo. Last time i was in getting work done he said if/when he was going to get more stuff done himself it would be with the chilean guy(s?) in victors. If he thinks there good they must be very good! This was over a year ago though so if they're still there i couldn't say

But one guy who gets feck all of a mention around here that i've gotten great work one from as well is Vinny in Tribe City on Dominic St.

Don't think you could go to wrong with any of those 3 really. Walk in & have a chat with all of them & go for whatever feels most comfortable. Quality wise they'll all be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I've had work done by Steve when he was in Inkfingers. Himself and nancy now have their own shop Galway Bay Tattoo.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galway-Bay-Tattoo/122092834512325

Highly recommend them both. Great work, great people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

Irish Ink located in William ST West oposite Blue Note pub - open Tues - Sat
    check out on facebook or on web, All styles catered for

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

well i went to victor tattoo in the end, was done by jeff? as far as i know, i'm terrible with names. took my design exactly as i had drawn it out, had it done in under an hour, paid 200 for it, pretty ok price given the size, no-one else sad anything much diffrent,

and free touchups if there are any problems.

all in all very happy with the service, and even though its early days in the healing process i would definetely go back.

• Advertisement

well i went to victor tattoo in the end, was done by jeff? as far as i know, i'm terrible with names. took my design exactly as i had drawn it out, had it done in under an hour, paid 200 for it, pretty ok price given the size, no-one else sad anything much diffrent,

and free touchups if there are any problems.

all in all very happy with the service, and even though its early days in the healing process i would definetely go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Jeff is Peruvian, super nice guy :) Won best colour at midleton

well the main thing i wanted from my piece was sharp edges and that it be thick and dark and black, sofar so good!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Last time i was in getting work done he said if/when he was going to get more stuff done himself it would be with the chilean guy(s?) in victors. If he thinks there good they must be very good! This was over a year ago though so if they're still there i couldn't say

that's victor himself. he's got some great work. so many good places have opened in galway the past few years though, it's nice to have the option of several talented individuals.

Advertisement