Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To plumb or not to plumb that is the question

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all

Im doing up a 4 bed farmhouse in Co Cork and have a question please

There is bath shower and toilet washbasin downstairs.

I can get a bathroom-bath toilet and shower upstairs for 1500. as there currently is none

Ive asked 2 auctioneers and they say it will make no difference to letability I can not understand this though as would make a big difference to me if I was looking for a house

Any help /thoughts would be great

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine rents are weak in the area and anything you add won't be taken into account in the rent.

If you eventually want to live there, having a second bathroom is generally considered nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Having an upstairs bathroom will increase the saleability of the property but may not make much difference to actual rent.

If possible rent the house at a reduced price and then put in the bathroom and it can be part of the expenses of the property.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Thanks all
    Noel

Advertisement