Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason GP prices in the city?

• 22-06-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

After watching The Frontline on Monday night, it highlighted a bit the crazy prices it costs to go to a GP. Would it be illegal for a website to print comparison prices based on the price people had to pay? Say in Limerick, people could post how much it cost to visit a GP and then through public conversation, people can help each other based on their own experience to get the best GP service for the best price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

There should be no problem with that because the price of a GP visit is not confidential. It is already in the public domain.

I would compare it to the service provided by pumps.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

nathan184 wrote: »
    There should be no problem with that because the price of a GP visit is not confidential. It is already in the public domain.

I would compare it to the service provided by pumps.ie

Is there any website that is providing this info? With the cost of going to the GP, I'm a bit surprised one hasn't been set-up or isn't more well known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

Is there any website that is providing this info? With the cost of going to the GP, I'm a bit surprised one hasn't been set-up or isn't more well known.

I would love to know the answer to this question also. If I find out anything I will post it in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

nathan184 wrote: »
    I would love to know the answer to this question also. If I find out anything I will post it in this thread.

Thanks, as I say, off the back of the Frontline the other night, I'm surprised something like that might not be available already.

Advertisement