Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal companies

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi - Hopefully someone here can recommend some companies to me.
    I am moving out of my apartment to a new apartment in the coming weeks, and I don't have a car, so hoping to hire a removal van of some sorts. I can probably get my stuff moved in one trip, as I'm not moving any furniture, I just wondered if anyone has any recommendations? I don't want to get ripped off! Thanks in advance!

Oh and I'm in the Dublin 18 area....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe give these guys a try?

http://www.enterprise.ie

they're based down on Pottery Road, and if you only need it for a few hours rather than a whole day, you might be able to ring them and haggle a better deal, any company with any common sense won't turn away the business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

A friend of ours is a man with a van type thing, give him a try, may be able to help you with the moving too which is always handy www.irish-delivery-services.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Van Tasks.ie I highly rec. The owner is a regular poster on boards and some other boardies rec'd them when we needed to move from Tipp to London and they were great. Good rates, fast service even in the middle of a blizzard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ztoical wrote: »
    Van Tasks.ie I highly rec. The owner is a regular poster on boards and some other boardies rec'd them when we needed to move from Tipp to London and they were great. Good rates, fast service even in the middle of a blizzard.

yeah, he does seems alot more legit than some of the "man with van" fliers with a mobile number and nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I moved house in March and used Two Men and a Truck and cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their rates were the best and the drivers were on time, nice, friendly and worked so hard. Would use them again without a moments hesitation (well except for the fact that I cannot stomach the thought of packing up and moving again:o).
    However, if you're moving clothes, cds, dvds and the like and nothing else why not hire a Transit with Enterprise and do it all yourself? You can rent a LWB Transit for €60 for 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

Thanks alot to everyone for the replies, and sorry for the delay. I am moving in the next 2 weeks now definitely, and haven't contacted any companies as yet. I will definitely take all your advice as above though, so thanks again! Also, I would hire a transit if I could drive, but that is half my problem at the moment is that I can't drive! I will let you how I get on though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maryplatts

I moved house in March and used Two Men and a Truck and cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their rates were the best and the drivers were on time, nice, friendly and worked so hard. Would use them again without a moments hesitation (well except for the fact that I cannot stomach the thought of packing up and moving again:o).
    However, if you're moving clothes, cds, dvds and the like and nothing else why not hire a Transit with Enterprise and do it all yourself? You can rent a LWB Transit for €60 for 24 hours.

another option for you is to rent plastic crates and trolleys and stuff here; www.craterental.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

Hi all.

Just to update. I ended up finally moving over the weekend! I found a guy from this site, http://www.getcracking.ie

I really highly recommend using him, he was on time, very fast, efficient, trustworthy and extremely patient with the move. I had alot of crap!

Would certainly recommend his services if anyone needs to move in the future. :)

Advertisement