Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My charmander game play through

• 22-06-2011 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

So to get myself back into pokemon, I am going to play through every single pokemon game, just using charmander(and HM slaves) and it's dvoltuions) should be fun.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was thinking of doing something similar (using a themed team as if I'm an aspiring Gym leader) but I couldn't work through the logistics of what happens when you beat red/blue and move on to playing HG/SS (I don't have a GBC :) ) - are you going to start again with a new Charmander? Are you going to port him over and have a level 50-70 monster that creams the competition when he can be bothered obeying you? Are you going to use Pokesav to reset him to L5 and set your new game's trainer ID to the same as the original game, but keep the 'mon's moves and EVs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well I've started red, got to misty. In theory, I can get a charmander before the first gym leader in gold I think. Same in ruby. And diamond I think. Not sure about black, but I'l find out. New charmander for each game, but I shall breed it to have a certain move set.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

No, you can't get one in Black until you beat the Elite Four. Can't get any pokemon before the Regional 'dex until you beat them.

Damn it :( well I can do the other ones. :) I'm having sone trouble against misty, with just charmeleon. Grind time I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Now that's not strictly true.
    You can get National Dex 'mon via the DreamWorld long before the E4. After the 1st gym though.

Anyway, you're not going to get a Charmander from the Dreamworld unless you have some sort of give-away bonus code.

Get an NDS Backup device, pokesav the 'mon into your party on each game (DS-carts only) - if the pokemon file you're using for the mon is taken from one you bred yourself, it feels a lot less like cheating than you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

Wouldn't it be much easier to just have someone trade you a Charmander, onto your Gen V game?
    A lot less hassle, and a lot more legal. Just so that it feels right, right?
    I think you can trade like right at the start, or fairly early on anyway :)
    I've got plenty National Dex 'mons before the Elite 4!
    It's up to you though! Whatever feels right!

Would that work? Ive got gens 1,2,3 to go first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah you can trade National dex Pokémon in Black and White before you get the national dex. IIRC, you can trade once you get to Striaton so if you pick tepig up until that point and then get a charmander. We won't tell anyone :P Interesting challenge though!

I love the charmander evolution line <3 not my favourite, but eh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Charmander line remains my favourite starter evolution line (and Charizard my favourite 'mon ever) :D

• Advertisement

I do love the charmander line. But the cyndaquil line is just <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I once got as far as Erika with nothing but a Charmander and cut. This was in a hacked version of Green, so the game became unplayable beyond a certain point. Kind of painful mind, cause I'd gotten through Misty.

Thats quite impressive really.

I'm finally up to black :) Need to actually buy the game first, but then it'll be charmanders galore :D

Advertisement