Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cathal Brugha

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello everybody!!
    I search desperately photos of Cathal Brugha!!!
    In the web there are always the same few photos!
    can you help me please?

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

You mean the person, right? Photos of the Barracks are likely to be deliberately limited.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭premierlass

The Hogan photo collection in the National Library should have some. There are lots of pictures of various figures from the Truce/Civil War period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ele1786

You mean the person, right? Photos of the Barracks are likely to be deliberately limited.

NTM

Yes! i mean the person!!! :)

The Hogan photo collection in the National Library should have some. There are lots of pictures of various figures from the Truce/Civil War period.

Thank you for your response !...but i haven't find nothing in that site!!:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

ele1786 wrote: »

just go into google images

• Advertisement

Fuinseog wrote: »
    just go into google images

Sadly in Google there are only 4 or 5 photos!!! :confused:

I did a search on the NLI catalogue and came up with some results. I'm not sure if the pictures are available to preview on the catalogue. You'd need permission to use them, but it really depends on what you want them for.

Have you tried any of the biographies? Tomás Ó Dochairtaigh's is one that springs to mind and I know it's in some of the public libraries near where I live. There's another by J.J. O'Kelly (Sceilg) but it would be less easily available. There would be images in the Collins, Griffith, Boland, de Valera biographies as well.

I did a search on the NLI catalogue and came up with some results. I'm not sure if the pictures are available to preview on the catalogue. You'd need permission to use them, but it really depends on what you want them for.

Have you tried any of the biographies? Tomás Ó Dochairtaigh's is one that springs to mind and I know it's in some of the public libraries near where I live. There's another by J.J. O'Kelly (Sceilg) but it would be less easily available. There would be images in the Collins, Griffith, Boland, de Valera biographies as well.

These biographies are in english or in gaelic????

These biographies are in english or in gaelic????

The biographies of Cathal Brugha by Ó Dochertaigh and O'Kelly are both in Irish. Sceilg's biography is also written in the old Gaelic script for additional difficulty. :)

Do you need biographical sources for an essay or project?

Advertisement