Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food for thought

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

What do people think about this promotional wheeze from something called Safefood, strikes me that as someone who has never been near being overweight I'm being discriminated against. Any chance of a "feed up a thinnie" competition in association with my nearest takeaway?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you sure you ahve the right forum? is this referring to a banner ad being displayed by boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I think the thread in Health and Fitness is turning it one of the more entertaining reads of the last while.

Their point blank refusal to accept any of what is said and insistence on issuing dis proven advice is as funny as it is worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yes, the "fat? eat more bread!!" advice is both funny and worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

bluewolf wrote:
    Yes, the "fat? eat more bread!!" advice is both funny and worrying
    I think the thread in Health and Fitness is turning it one of the more entertaining reads of the last while.

Their point blank refusal to accept any of what is said and insistence on issuing dis proven advice is as funny as it is worrying

Started a nutrition degree in 2008. The lectureres are all still of the low fat dieting school of thought, and rigidly so. Seems nutrition is a real "don't rock the boat" industry.

Supplements seem unnecessarily frowned upon too, one lecturer said to me "athletes would be better off with a well balanced diet than using protein powder" I'm pretty piss poor at public speaking so didn't respond properly. Should have reminded her athletes take protein powder in addition to their diet (whether balanced or not) to get extra protein and calories, so her point displayed a great amount of ignorance.

So given the academic position its understandable for safefood. They only exist because Sinn Fein wanted cross-border bodies to make it look like they achieved something from the good friday agreement (I often wonder what Bobby Sands would make of his efforts leading to the creation of "safefood")

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously? No wonder the economy is in the dog house.

Anyway I see a hamper of goodies is up for grabs in association with Electric
    Picnic Ireland so maybe I'll get my feed after all!

Advertisement