Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using to Vodafone using a new never used sim??

Options
  • 22-06-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I want to get my OH a new phone on vodafone.ie - We are both vodafone customers but I noticed that I can save money by switching to vodafone. Would it be possible to order a free never used sim from Tesco Mobile or eMobile and transfer it to Vodafone?? Or do you have to of used the Sim card??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Nothing stopping you from doing that. You would however end up with a new mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

We are Vodafone at the minute but thought if I used one of the free sims I could get the added discount - then when the phone arrives, just use our own sim??

But my question is will the other operator (o2, tesco, emobile, etc) release a Sim/Phone Number thats never been activated with them?? E.g get a free sim posted out and then use it to transfer to Vodafone??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

I've done that too a few times on pay as you go - i.e. got a free SIM from another operator, ported the number when ordering from Vodafone to get the lower price and then stick my existing Vodafone SIM into the handset when it arrives. I don't think that operators normally (or ever?) lock the handset to the specific SIM or ported number?

• Advertisement

Thanks! Hopefully the sim arrives on time

Advertisement