Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law

Options
  • 22-06-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey I'm just finished the Leaving and am hoping to study Law in UCD. I'm wondering if there is any point in getting a head-start with the course and if so could any current Law students send me on handy tips and book titles on the subject. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Do not do this. Relax. Enjoy your summer. If you're the type of kid who wants to do reading before you get your leaving cert results, you're the type who'll be able to easily keep pace with a low hours course like law. Chill out, if you do want to do any reading keep it to some legal blogs which will be talking about topical issues in layman's terms, or read the weekly legal pages in the Irish Times (you could try reading the weekly judgement they post to get used to the style of reading law reports) or the Guardian.

But seriously, relax for a bit, you don't need to hit the ground running and there's no really obvious Beginners Guide to Law that wont be covered in the first few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 galwaybetty

I wouldn't worry about reading up too much before you get there! But if you think that it will settle your nerves before you head in, take a look at the courts.ie website and it will tell you bits and pieces about how the courts system works. Also theres a great blog called cearta.ie and they look at different developments if you want to have an idea of things that are current.

However, this is all just online browsing and googling, and they will take you through all of it in detail once you get in. Don't worry about it for now, and take a well earned break from the books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 runningblind

Do not prepare. I just finished 1st year in a different course in UCD! You will have plenty of time to do the work during the semester, thats if you can keep focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 WhoSays

thanks guys, great tips with the courts.ie thing!

Advertisement