Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems after returing from Maternity leave

Options
  • 22-06-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows if my employer is correct in the following situation.
    Basically I work in sales. I returned to work from Maternity leave 5 weeks ago. They have now introduced a new proceedure. Based on everyone's performance for the last 12 weeks they are dividing the group and giving one group advantages over the other depending on the performance. I was below the cut off point after being assessed on the last 5 weeks. This is expected as the nature of the business means a somewhat slow turnaround on sales. You would certainly need more than 5 weeks to get back to your average.
    I feel as though I am being treated unfairly due the the fact that I was on maternity leave and have not had the same chance as everyone else.

Can anyone give me some insight into this. Do I have any rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Did you check with your manager or HR person? Maybe they have an easy solution but nobody bothered to apply it to your case.

Advertisement