Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom and Loc8 codes

Options
  • 22-06-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Have an older TT GPS...the One model. Updated with the latest maps etc.

Just wondering if I will ever be able to use Loc8 codes on it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tullaman

Hi gebbel,

sorry in advance for not answering your post and then asking you for info ! But here goes... :p

As you have the latest maps you couldn't check if the Limerick Tunnel and Nenagh motorway standard by-pass are on there?

What is the map rev you have? From the map view, Touch the bottom right corner of the screen, then touch the 'version' info just above the Done button. The map info is something like 'Map:Western_Europe v825.2159'

For what it's worth I don't see TomTom adding this service for free. Garmin are charging for it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055971019. It would also follow the kind of razor-and-blades charging model that gps makers seem to use - ie the initial unit is not *too* expensive but by the time you decide to update the maps a few times it's almost cheaper to buy a new physical device. :mad:

Anyway if you get a chance to check out you map that'd be great. Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would imagine they will hold off and see what's going to be adopted as the national system for post codes. When that happens there is no way you should be charged for it.

Advertisement