Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irchss 2011-12

Options
  • 03-03-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I applied for the IRCHSS Post-grad scholarship a few weeks ago. Apart from the initial 'delivery response' I've had no contact from this.... Anybody else hear anything from them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buyingahouse

Heya,

I'm in the same boat. From what I hear of years past, we won't hear anything for what feels like ages... possibly July, given the late launch. Also bear in mind there will be absolutely gads of people going for it, so patience is the best way forward. I may teach myself how to knit.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

From the FAQ on the IRCHSS website:

When will the results of this scheme be conveyed to applicants?
    The assessment of this scheme will not be concluded before August 2011, at which point applicants will be informed by letter of the outcome. The secretariat will not discuss the results of the scheme over the telephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eimearjane

Thanks guys,

I knew that the results won't be out before August but I was wondering whether we get some sort of acknowledgement of our application... I just got an automated reply to my email. I assume if nobody else got one then they haven't sent one ;-)

Thanks!

Another (at least) six weeks to wait...... anyone feeling optimistic!? I, for one, am not.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

eimearjane wrote: »
    Another (at least) six weeks to wait...... anyone feeling optimistic!? I, for one, am not.

Two friends got letters of acceptance today, 100 successful candidates out of 566 put forward for recommendation. Good luck, at least the wait's nearly over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

Got my acceptance letter today. Absolutely delighted. Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Got a letter from them today; didn't get it myself unfortunately. Congrats Retro Police.

;-(

Got my PFO letter today. Gutted, but not at all surprised. Apparently they're taking 100 of the 566 applications. It's my own fault for being an average student all my life.

But surely you're good at what you do - otherwise you wouldn't be doing a Ph.D. in it, right?

I didn't get it either and now I'm even more determined to finish and get the hell out of this dump for once and for all!

• Advertisement

You've got the right attitude. Losing my VEC grant, as well, so I'm a bit panicked at present. Here's to hoping I'm good at what I do and not just an amount of money for my school to take in each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 limabeans

Sorry to those who didn't get it (I've been there before and it sucks, but then this thing is so hard to get, like a lottery), and congratulations to those who did (well done).

I'm still here waiting for the letter. Annoying that people have received them on different days, but what are ya gonna do....

Anyone hear of any successful letters received today or negative letters received on Friday? I'm freaking out slightly that all the positives were sent one day, and all the others were sent another day...
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Thanks for the support folks. Does anyone know when we'll get feedback on our proposals? Out of curiosity, how many applicants did IRCHSS fund last year? Are the funding numbers down much?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsis

Hey I didn't get it either absolutely gutted, didn't mean to get my hopes up but can't help it. Congrats to those that did get it though. I think it was about 100 aswell last year but I can't remember how many applicants there were, although I feel like there was more last year than this year. Does anybody have any other ideas of where to apply for funding out of interest? I'm trying SFI, HRB and IHF but does anyone know of anywhere else though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 limabeans

I'm still waiting on the letter, which is freaking me out a bit at this stage.

Last year, 649 apps and 92 scholarships. So, this year is up by a few per cent.

Re other funding bodies: NUI, O' Reilly (which doesn't run anymore, but you never know), and then I guess your own uni's scholarships. That's all I know of anyway in terms of general scholarships. The rest (if any) depend on your field. Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Anyone else still waiting for this letter?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

IRCHSS threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Got an email saying the letter was returned to the IRCHSS, and had to give them another address (I've no idea why it was returned though... :confused: )

Came on here to see if it might have been the acceptance/rejection letter, which I suppose it must be!
    Nervous now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

partabande wrote: »
    switching from the original institution on my form

This is from the FAQ on the IRCHSS website:
    http://www.irchss.ie/schemes/scheme01/PG_FAQ.pdfhttp://www.irchss.ie/schemes/scheme01/PG_FAQ.pdf
    Is it possible to change my host institution to one other than that which is stated in my application form if I am successful?
    No. Section E of the terms and conditions states that:
    Scholarships may not be held or continued at an institution other than that specified in the application form, or held to provide funding for a project other than as set out in the application form.
    :/

Advertisement