Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity DJ.

Options
  • 22-06-2011 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

I am new to this and need a DJ for a charity 80s night in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. It will take place on Sat August 20th from 8pm in Navan Rugby Club. Obviously, I am hoping to source a DJ at as low a cost as possible in order to give as much of the takings to the charity as possible. If anyone can help with this I would be grateful. Looking forward to your replies.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Why don't you contact a load of DJs and ask them personally to do it for free. You could also contact local radio DJs and ask them. You would be surprised about the help you may recieve. Just write an email and forward it to loads of stations. Aim for getting it done for free as opposed to "for a small fee". If that fails, can you get a friend or something to man an ipod hooked up to a PA system? That would obviously save any money you may have to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ms80s

Thanks for the suggestions. They are worth a shot. Have only been in touch with 1 DJ so far and he is looking for €250! Waiting for a reply from some others. Radio stations might be a good source though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I have been at a few charity functions where well known DJs do compare (sp?) so it's worth a shot. People like helping charities if it'll make them look good! You can even have free events advertised on some radio stations so that could help you too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cknigh

hiya been dj'n for years now im livin in kerry but if i was there u could mark me down.. most local dj's shud do it once they knw its a non profit event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ms80s

Thank you for your kind reply. I have now sourced a DJ so thanks to all who provided ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Glad you got it sorted. If you don't mind I'm going to close this thread, it's attracting a lot of unreg spammers for some reason. If you want it reopened feel free to pm me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement