Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Navy Uniform

• 22-06-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    My eldest ds is off to school in Sept :( and I was wondering where to get the best uniform that washes well ,dries quick etc and preferably no ironing. I like tesco kids clothes in general and find them a good fit but what are the uniforms like?? And also can't keep runners(cheap ones from dunnes etc) with him are the clarks etc worth the extra money. Thanks in advance for help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I have to say I find the Irish Deerpark jumpers excellent in terms of washing, colours, and wear, but you can't iron them or they will lose their shape. You don't need to iron them though. They last alot longer than the Tesco or Dunnes ones from my experience as well. Although they are dearer at approximately 16 - 18 euro, for an item of clothing a child is wearing day in, day out for 9 months of the year, its well worth it. They also have wool in them so they keep the kids warm in the winter.

In regards for trousers, Skippy do school trousers that are brilliant, they wear extremely well and they keep the kids warm in the winter as well. Again they are dearer then the Tesco/Dunnes brands, think around 16euro.

Hope that helps! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Clarkes runners are definitely worth the extra money. When I was trying to economise and buy cheaper runners (€16) from Dunnes or Shoe Zone they would last the best part of three/four weeks before falling apart. Clarkes last a good two terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

Thanks for that guys .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 acquiese

I use Lollypop uniforms, can buy stuff online and are pretty good to deal with

Advertisement