Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has The Ladies' Lounge lost it's way?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I have recently come to the viewpoint that The Ladies' Lounge should be wrapped up. What started as a well intentioned attempt to have a discussion forum for ladies by ladies has gone worryingly askew.

A case in point is the Know Your Loungers! thread. Initially, in this thread, a few of the men did their best to get the ladies and girls to show pictures of themselves (a boards' version of Mardi Gras if you will). For a couple of pages none of the ladies were biting, but they eventually caved in. Now it has degenerated (for some of the ladies) into an extension of their facebook photo gallery with multilple posts whoring themselves out.

I would be interested in hearing tLL posters views on this.

I don't want the discussion to devolve into posts that make fun of of girls so haters please stay away. (If the writings of a certain long-haired Irish Times columnist find resonance in your heart, this thread is not for you).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah for fuck's sake, not another fucking tLL-bashing thread...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

keanooo wrote: »
    I have recently come to the viewpoint that The Ladies' Lounge should be wrapped up. What started as a well intentioned attempt to have a discussion forum for ladies by ladies has gone worryingly askew.

A case in point is the Know Your Loungers! thread. Initially, in this thread, a few of the men did their best to get the ladies and girls to show pictures of themselves (a boards' version of Mardi Gras if you will). For a couple of pages none of the ladies were biting, but they eventually caved in. Now it has degenerated (for some of the ladies) into an extension of their facebook photo gallery with multilple posts whoring themselves out.

I would be interested in hearing TLL posters views on this.

I don't want the discussion to devolve into posts that make fun of of girls so haters please stay away. (If the writings of a certain long-haired Irish Times columnist find resonance in your heart, this thread is not for you).
    Just don't post/lurk there, problem solved

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No. Why don't you stay out of it, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Just don't post/lurk there, problem solved
    bluewolf wrote: »
    No. Why don't you stay out of it, problem solved.

Whether I'm there or not will not solve the problem.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That assumes there is an actual problem to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You're the only one with a problem so far, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We are here. We are not going to change because some people have their Y-fronts in a twist over the fact that we exist. It's been said over and over again: If you don't like tLL, don't post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I would be interested in hearing tLL posters views on this.

I thought you were going to create a new account for your trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hmmm...

1. OP complains about poster activity in a particular forum, despite that activity being acceptable within the forum charter & the site rules.
    2. OP is planning on setting up a sockpuppet account for trolling, which is contrary to pretty much every forum charter & the site rules.

This ain't going to end well...

*makes extra-large tub of popcorn for this one*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I can only assume the people who actively post there don't have a problem though. So rather than removing a busy forum, the easiest thing is for people who don't like it to not use it.

Simple concepts are often the best ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I posted this in one of these tLL threads recently http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72816809&postcount=5 and got stick over it. Overly dismissive of me? Yes. An expression of my exasperation at this current meme among some? Certainly. Accurate? With each whine from some men, more and more. It really is beyond ridiculous at this stage. And not a little sad.

I await the usual names...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wonder do people who start these type of threads actually think they are going to get a lot of people to agree with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

To be blunt -

Mind your business.

Theres no problem by any stretch of the greatest imagining mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

So because people are posting pictures of themselves in the picture thread . . . the forum should be shut down in its entirety?

Why am I even replying... you're clearly loving this!
    Keanooo wrote:
    am planning on inventing a new boards ID from which to troll.

I would welcome any advice on how to troll well and not get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

You know what, I'm really sick of seeing the same few people starting and contributing to these threads saying the Ladies Lounge is this and that and how terrible a state of affairs that is. I say this to all the people who involve themselves in these threads and am not directly addressing you keanooo.

1) The regulars in the Ladies Lounge do not agree with you.

2) The Mods of the Ladies Lounge do not agree with you.

3) The CMods of Soc do not agree with you.

4) The Admins do not agree with you.

5) Finally, I, the Community Manager of this site and the one person who is actually paid to care about and look after these things do not agree with you. At all.

I want an end to these threads. There is nothing wrong with the Ladies Lounge for 99% of the people who post there. I find it incredulous that this nonsense keeps cropping up and I will simply permanently ban you from the forum if you continue this relentless "crusade" you seem to be on to bend it to your wishes. It is not your forum for you to change. The majority rules in these matters and the majority do not agree with you. If you cannot let this go and see past your own opinions that there is nothing wrong with the forum except maybe the constant bashing of it here in Feedback by a minority of people who think it should be something that it isn't, then I will be left with no choice but to take away your ability to read it.

This is the end of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement