Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Clean-up in Tallaght?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was checking out the south dublin council website to see what's going on (like - it's bicycle week this week, wouldn't have noticed otherwise) here and noticed the Community Clean-up guidelines.
    I sometimes go running in the park and just walk around a lot in the area and i am appalled by the amount of rubbish and often think - one day i'll just walk around and clean it up! :) The park is regularly cleaned up alright but not the way there, such as Belgard Rd, the Square, Cookstown Ind Est (it's where i like jogging) etc.

So the council gives you bags, gloves, stuff to pick up the garbage with and off you go. They recommend that you invite a few people, advertise it, organise it and all.

Does anybody know if there is anything regularly organised or is there one soon or is there a notice board for clean-ups? I know it's not the council who organises it, i just wouldn't really hear about it otherwise because i'm not a member of anything but I'd love to join.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Advertisement