Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asthma; salt therapy spa?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 1:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭

hi,
    I have a 4 year old who has a touch of asthma,
    Im thinking of bringing him to the salt spa therapy in malahide,
    Does anyone here have any expierience with that therapy,
    Does it work ?
    Thanks for any tips

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 finglas12

I know if you are late for an appointment you cant do it. Apparently they have to do something with the machine every 45 mins. So make sure your on time.My friend went to the one in Kildare, think its in Maynooth or Celbridge, she got held up by 20 mins but she still got an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Don't know anything about the therapy itself, but I'd recommend putting a salt lamp beside his bed, and in any are of the house that he frequents a lot. They're about 40 euro and are available online or from various health food stores. Definitely worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I've been in a salt grotto in a hotel spa and felt it was very beneficial for my asthsma. You could get him to steam his face over hot water filled with salt if he is having an exaserbation. It may help.

Advertisement