Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New signposts around Blanch, wrong distances?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the new signposts gone up around Blanch? I've noticed a couple of dodgy distances...there's one near the bridge over the N3 near the SC that says Ballycoolin 8km and then one about 200m away at the bottom of the Snugborough Road that says Ballycoolin 1km (which is about right).

Noticed a couple of other dodgy distances as well but can't remember them right now. Anyone else seen them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yeah I saw that dodgy one. It also says Hollystown 7KM -->.

There is a new sign close to the dodgy one, almost completely covered by trees and bushes.

Edit: They have cleared all the trees and bushes so you can actually see the sign now.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

you can probably check this using google maps.

here's a quick link to blanch:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.387833,-6.368465&z=14

click "Get Directions" near the top left

then right click on places in the map and select "Directions from here" and "Directions to here"

usually the directions include the distance travelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

there's no way that signs a couple of hundred metres apart explain the 6km difference to Ballycoolin...it's a f*** up by the NRA or the council, which ever, it's a dreadful waste of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Drove past the Castleknock Road/Auburn Avenue junction today and I think the new sign said "Finglas 2 km" which would also be wrong. Will try and check the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

The sign coming up to Ballycoolin was corrected.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It wouldn't surprise me if it was the council who messed up the signs. The first sign for the Castlecurragh estate that was put up a few years back was spelt as 'Castle Corragh'.

Godge wrote: »
    Drove past the Castleknock Road/Auburn Avenue junction today and I think the new sign said "Finglas 2 km" which would also be wrong. Will try and check the next time.

Saw it tonight, yes it says Finglas 2km and Chapelizod 3km...both of which are wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

New signs with the incorrect spelling and distances are popping up all over the country, Stupid country....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Godge wrote: »

About 5-6k to Finglas (Rathoath road) from there. (or 3k if you go up Dunsink Lane. Of course, the council 'helpfully' blocked that off to through traffic a few years ago!)

Easily 9-10k to Lucan, so they're really way out on that one.

It's the NRA who are responsible for the signs according to a Cllr. I met today, he has flagged the distance issue so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement