Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs England (concerts)

Options
  • 22-06-2011 2:12pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering with people who have experience in big gigs in the UK and Ireland , are they run the same way . Just wanted to no cause im going to see the Foo Fighters in Milton Keynes in 2 weeks and was just wondering what to expect organisational wise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,049 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was just wondering with people who have experience in big gigs in the UK and Ireland , are they run the same way . Just wanted to no cause im going to see the Foo Fighters in Milton Keynes in 2 weeks and was just wondering what to expect organisational wise.
    Any gig I attended in England was outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yeah, things over there are generally better. Nicer venues, great sound and better selection of acts. Things here have improved drastically over the past 5-10 years, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The only venues I have been to in England are Wembley twice and the SECC in Glasgow. Brilliantly organised and much friendlier security.

Example, myself and my girlfriend went to see Green Day last year in London, Glasgow and Dublin. London and Glasgow were organised superbly. However Dublin was a travesty, a stampede at the entrance resulted in losing our barrier spots even though we were among the first there, loss of shoes and just general panic. Totally ruined the experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah Wembley for Muse was handy. Same for any venue I've been to in London/Leeds.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cool , yea cause we have to get the bus back into london after the gig and was hoping it wouldnt be like gigs over here where everyone is kicked out asap and people get squashed etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

Been to V festival in staffordshire and Green Day in Wembley in England and it is just so well run. I am going back to V because I enjoyed it so much when I was over there, the loos were not overflowing, I actually saw Police (Garda) and the days and artists just ran so smoothly. Green Day in Wembley was the same. I am heading over tomorrow for Kings of Leon and the Killers and just expect perfection from the events crew but if it was Dublin I'd be expecting a badly run day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Plus you don't get spas in the crowd breaking into Ole Ole Ole... over in England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Plus you don't get spas in the crowd breaking into Ole Ole Ole... over in England

That's probably worth the air fare alone!

Advertisement