Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reserves

• 22-06-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the army reserves are taking on people anytime soon in dublin? I wrote them an email a while back to inform me if they had openings coming up anytime soon and have not heard back. Im in no rush but I just dont want to miss my chance to join.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

There has been some small movement around the country in recruiting. Why don't you post your location here and someone from that area can get get in contact to advise you directly? (this would be quicker than trying the official channels).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I think the closest barracks to me are the ones in cathal brugha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

62 reserve infantry battalion - cathal brugha, they arent a bad lot.
    http://www.62infantry.com/

You arent close to swords are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Yeh thats the site I emailed off. Im working in swords for summer and dont live too far away when Im at home but I'll be in the city centre for the next couple of years studying

• Advertisement

my units based in swords and we are currently interviewing recruits, but if cathal brugha is closer we wont slag you too much for joining them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Morphéus wrote: »
    my units based in swords and we are currently interviewing recruits, but if cathal brugha is closer we wont slag you too much for joining them.

hi morpheus,any chance you could give me some info on how to go about joining your unit i-ve been wanting to get involved for sometime now,thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hangedhitman

the mps in cathal brugha are still recruiting

• Registered Users Posts: 29 62 Reserve Battalion

62 Reserve Battalion are always looking for new people but due to the current embargo on recruitment, anyone applying will be out on a waiting list. They will then be allocated a place as places become available. Current waiting time is up to a year as many people are applying for very few places.

If you are still interested, please PM me and I will let you know where is the best place to apply and who to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

Hey there guys and gals
    This is a little of topic thought i would post here instead of making a new topic, Anyone know if the 33 reserve infantry battalion is recruiting? gave them my details to put on file over the phone (i was told to do this because of the embargo) about 3 years ago but never got any word back =(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

3 years ago? they'll have forgotten no offence, get onto them again and remind them about you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 mhorda

Hey there guys and gals
    This is a little of topic thought i would post here instead of making a new topic, Anyone know if the 33 reserve infantry battalion is recruiting? gave them my details to put on file over the phone (i was told to do this because of the embargo) about 3 years ago but never got any word back =(

There has been ZERO recruitment in 33rd Inf. We are really suffering because of it tbh.

On the upside, every 33rd unit is getting a set number of recruits next year so get on to your nearest barracks...which county are you in?

edit: right your in wexford, get on to Hq Coy straight away..if you were on the system, you should have been going to recruit camp this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

62 Reserve Battalion are always looking for new people but due to the current embargo on recruitment, anyone applying will be out on a waiting list. They will then be allocated a place as places become available. Current waiting time is up to a year as many people are applying for very few places.

If you are still interested, please PM me and I will let you know where is the best place to apply and who to contact.

Is there anyone minding the 62 Bn website? I emailed them about something a while back, and got no reply.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Maoltuile wrote: »
    Is there anyone minding the 62 Bn website? I emailed them about something a while back, and got no reply.

cheers

Hi, Maoltuile, the website is somewhat managed, although lately it has been put on the long finger somewhat. I would suggest phoning one of the sub-units for any info. It is more likely that you will get a response that way.

Donny5 wrote: »
    Hi, Maoltuile, the website is somewhat managed, although lately it has been put on the long finger somewhat. I would suggest phoning one of the sub-units for any info. It is more likely that you will get a response that way.

Hi Donny, I was just looking to reply to their invitation for historical 21 Bn photos. I've been
    (finally) doing a lot of negative scanning recently, the impetus being a request for contributions by the writers of that new book on the FCÁ.

Some folks may be interested in this stuff:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80673809@N00/

Maoltuile wrote: »
    Hi Donny, I was just looking to reply to their invitation for historical 21 Bn photos. I've been
    (finally) doing a lot of negative scanning recently, the impetus being a request for contributions by the writers of that new book on the FCÁ.

Some folks may be interested in this stuff:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80673809@N00/

They are great photos. I know the O/IC of the site and I'll pass this along to him. As you know, army bureaucracy can be slow, but I'll make sure they know about this. I reckon they'd be a great addition to the site.

Donny5 wrote: »
    They are great photos. I know the O/IC of the site and I'll pass this along to him. As you know, army bureaucracy can be slow, but I'll make sure they know about this. I reckon they'd be a great addition to the site.

Thanks for that, it means a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lashem

i went into the 54th reserve cavalry sqn. HQ in Longford to ask about joining, they sent me out out a recruitment form in the post. I filled it all out and took it back in to them myself. that was about 2 mounths ago and havent heard anything back. just wondering whats the normal waiting time and what happens next? any advice or instruction on how to join would be great :)

lashem wrote: »
    i went into the 54th reserve cavalry sqn. HQ in Longford to ask about joining, they sent me out out a recruitment form in the post. I filled it all out and took it back in to them myself. that was about 2 mounths ago and havent heard anything back. just wondering whats the normal waiting time and what happens next? any advice or instruction on how to join would be great :)

It can take a long time for paperwork, particularly security clearances, to come back, but I'd call in to them on their parade night once a month or so to make sure you haven't been forgotten. They may also have to wait for permission from higher up to recruit.

Whatever the situation, be diligent and attentive, but not pushy. If you make a fuss or act entitled, you'll run into a brick wall. The unit wants recruits and the guys dealing with your paperwork are as frustrated by delays as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭average hero

I applied for the Army Reserve in Swords last year, but I didn't get any response yet. If someone there could PM me I'd appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

Swords got no recruits, all recruits in the Battalion went to other companies in Navan and Kells. apparently next recruitment drive we will get recruits in swords. I just hope so as we are rocking around with sections of NCO's at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

Ye will get a clearer vision for the future of the RDF in September. That will tell all.

Advertisement