Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 Month old tossing and turning at night

• 22-06-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

ive just been searching for others with this problem maybe someone here might help-
    Son 17 months goes down no problem but wakes a couple of hours later around 11ish and winges and cries and wont settle no matter what i do tried sitting with him / letting him cry (just cant do it!) putting on night light....but my problem is when he stays in his nana's house he never wakes!!!WTF - so even brought home travel cot and tried him in that but to no avail.....cracking me F**king up no i do bring him into bed eventully and when falls off carry him back and he doesnt wake after that -

Any advice

xxx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Sounds silly but could he be cold, I found last week my daughter was cold and waking at 3/4am so I put on long sleeved vest and she's been grand since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Too cold, too warm, teething (back teeth) nightmare, the list is endless... we have a little lad the same age and he's taken to waking either at 12:30am or 4:30am. . on the button :rolleyes: the only thing is we go in without a sound give him his dodi,, ted and put him lying down and that's it. . thank god. But it's the disturbed sleep that kills you, with him it's teeth.. or cold. . he's not too bad though he's slept through the last week or so, so i know it's not a habit..
    Why not ask your mam what she does different. .. could be something as simple as an extra blanket:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I had the same problem with my two girls 2 years and 9 months and 1 year and 9 months and we discovered like a previous poster said that they were too cold I put a fleese all in one baby gro on them and they slept much better. I felt awful when I realised
    Sometimes in Summer their sleeping pattern can also be disturbed because it is too bright so we bought a black out blind which also helped.

Your little one could also be waking up for the comfort of getting into bed with mammy they are so cute they pick up habits so fast and they love getting into bed with mammy for a cuddle:)

Good luck hope you get a good nights sleep soon its so hard when they don't sleep !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Cbyrd I'm in the same boat with my little lady, cursed back teeth cutting :(
    For a fortnight she would wake each night at least 3 times, I was shattered from lack of sleep/broken sleep!

Felix I know what you mean, it is so hard to let them cry it out :( I keep saying next weekend I'll try it & break her out of the habit but this weekend turns into the following one etc and so far she's still waking at 5am & into our bed then. Anything for a nights sleep!

Advertisement