Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermal Implant Help

Options
  • 22-06-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Got a dermal implant in my lip this morning at half 11 and it has yet to stop bleeding? not heavy but its stil bleeding a little bit.
    Is this normal and what would people recommend i use to stop the bleeding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Got a dermal implant in my lip this morning at half 11 and it has yet to stop bleeding? not heavy but its stil bleeding a little bit.
    Is this normal and what would people recommend i use to stop the bleeding?

Never had that problem with mine. Did you try a warm sea salt compress? Thats what I use on all of my piercings including the microdermal implant if there is anything coming out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Ive tried that, it stops bleeding until i clean off all the dry blood then it starts again :( it loks horrible

Maybe just leave it til the morning and don't pick the blood off, instead use the warm compress to get it off.
    Mine didn't bleed at all, but maybe its because of the location.
    If its still leaking blood when you clean it in the morning I would call the person that did the piercing and see what they say.

mines under my lip, the more i move my mouth the more it bleeds

Thats an odd place for a dermal, how come you just didn't get a labret stud put in?
    Its probably bleeding just because of the placement. Im assuming its not dripping blood? I wouldn't worry about it, I would just leave it to scab and crust up and then clean it gently in the morning.

• Advertisement

ive had a labret and was made take it out or i was being kicked out so i want sumthing that isnt going to close up as when im at home i cant have it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Have you been drinking anything that may cause your blood to thin? Examples would be coffee, alcohol and some medication like panadol. That could be causing you to keep bleeding. Leave the piercing alone and also do the same when it dried. Try not pick it off.

i had 2 bottles last night but thats it. i dont drink coffee and have had no medication

I suggest going back into your piercer and have them take a look

ive had a labret and was made take it out or i was being kicked out so i want sumthing that isnt going to close up as when im at home i cant have it in.

I see, only I find mine very hard to change because it is so small. Plus it looks pretty narly with nothing it it!

• Advertisement

it seems to have stopped now, as long as i dont try clean it so ill leave it until tomora. would it be a bad idea to put antiseptic cream on it?

yes, just leave it be and go back to your piercer tomorrow

it seems to have stopped now, as long as i dont try clean it so ill leave it until tomora. would it be a bad idea to put antiseptic cream on it?

I wouldn't touch it with anything but a warm sea salt compress

how is your dermal looking today?

Ah its grand today now, bit sensative but has stoped bleeding

Advertisement