Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric shower clogged

Options
  • 22-06-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys, bit of help here pls. Electric shower seems to be blocked a bit, ie clogged. Cleaned shower head and hose leading to it from the unit on the wall. Still very reduced flow. Other shower in the house working well as we do not use it often. Water is very hard and these often need cleaning. How could i clean the unit on the wall itself. And yes I have absolutely no clue about these things!
    Still with you boardsies on board I now know a few DIY tricks. Thanks guys:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

On the triton T90 when you unscrew the cover ,theres a large plastic plug on the left that conatins a filter.
    You can unscrew it by hand and take out the filter ,give it a clean.

Not sure what shower you have ,but maybe it has something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If the filter is ok, the shower heating tank inside the shower unit is possibly full of scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigmoma22

it is a triton,(AS 2000 XT) i am very scared of opening it but trust you guys immensely so can you do a step by step...
    pull the cord to cut electricity, is that enough ?
    Can I use white vinagar to clean inside?

Since I tried using it and discovered the problem, water is constantly dripping from it, quite fast, still only dripping. Can I still attempt to do it myself or is there a massive danger of a screw ^ ;-)

And finally is there any chance something else might give the same problems.
    Thanks a bunch guys!!!

Turn off the pull chord and ensure the light on the shower is now off.

Remove the 4 screws and the front comes off easily.

The filter is a circular item at the lower left of shower beside where the water pipe comes in. It can be screwed out, which also automaticaly cuts off the water into shower.

If filter is clear the shower heating tank could be scaled up.

Vinegar is tricky to get into the shower heating tank without removing the tank, but it can be done by disconnecting the water pipe supplying the shower and attaching a short piece of qualpex so it extends just above the shower head height while the head itself is just above the shower unit, and pour vinegar , or calgon solution etc into this pipe via a funnel, or remove the front part of the shower head itself and pour the de-scaler into the open faced shower head which will act like a funnel, but the temporary pipe on the supply side needs to be lower than the shower head and both are higher than shower unit, so you know when the shower tank etc is full.

The problem is the shower solenoid on its own needs to have its wires disconnected and powered from a temporary supply to open the solenoid valve so nothing else in the shower is powered, so the vinegar can flow right through tank and out shower head or out pipe if shower head is used to pour in, so we know tank is full of vinegar or other de-scaler. Not a diy job really.

Or the shower unit tank can be removed and filled that way to de-scale it.

Heres the manual for the shower LINK

You'll need to turn off the water to the shower on this one and use a screw driver to take out the filters. It's all shown in the above pdf:)

Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

O its not a t90 but a power shower, which wont have the heating tank limescale problem as there is no heating tank.

Check filter anyway and see if thats clear first anyway. As said, turn off the water supply as well as the electrical supply to shower in this one before removing filter. There will be a hot and cold supply to it.

Wow pdf is thorough, even cleaning explained with drawings that I understand, yeay
    great

thank you all for your help

this should do it now

The pipes for the shower could be anywhere ,sometimes they are in the hotpress and sometimes they're taken from the bath.
    If you turn off both BIG RED wheel valves in the hotpress ,that would be a start at turning off the water.

You can't really damage anything with these showers ,just make sure the water is off before you remove the filter covers.

So here's the update. after hearing very lod noise from shower and hardly any flow, I have soaked everything in vinegar, taken of the unit. And shower was still making bad noise plus constantly dripping. Then after reading the answers, I have reattached the hose and filled it with vinegar, then reattached shower head and kept it as high as I could. After that, still not good. Then I took it all off soaked the hose overnioght in vinegar. Read in manual that dripping was possible sign of busted pump, so asked someon to have a look with me. Shower unit dripping rapidly, without hose on it.When cover removed checked filters and they seemd clean, so everything reattached and get this now ALL works fine?!?!? I'm delighted but how the heck???

Fair play to ye , you have the magic touch:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement