Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympic tickets

• 22-06-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Anybody else on here apply for any of the judo, taekwondo or wrestling tickets?

Got an email today saying I got 4 of the 7 tickets I applied for. Then I checked a bit and theres still tickets for the events I didnt get but Ill just try and get em during the second chance sales.

There seems to be a lot of tickets left for wrestling(freestyle and greco-roman), a lot less for judo and even less for taekwondo.
    Heres where I seen the tickets that are left:
    http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-gb/img/sys/tournament/london2012/oly-complete-a.pdf

You can apply for these tickets in July afaik.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

nobbo wrote: »
    Anybody else on here apply for any of the judo

nobbo wrote: »
    You can apply for these tickets in July afaik.

Thanks for the reminder, and link.

I've been a lazy whore and only spoke about this in training last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I got the freestyle wrestling tickets but missed out on the Judo ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I got the freestyle wrestling tickets but missed out on the Judo ones.

Theres not too many judo ones left, and the ones that are left are only prelims. Im gonna try and get the prelims for the 60s/48s day because Lisa Kearney could POSSIBLY still qualify(I think shes 24th at the moment with top 14 qualifying and the rest being quota places).

For anyone who is applying for tickets in the next round, make sure you set up an account at http://www.tickets.london2012.com/ and you'll find all the info about when you can apply for tickets there(theres different dates if you had an account during the first round of sales, then if you did or didnt get a ticket etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

got 2 for the judo, put in for the boxing as well the same day when Joe ward could be fighting but didnt get them (yet).

they really made a ****ing disaster out of allocating the tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

When is this second chance sale on?And how do you apply?Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Some of it started today alright for certain people. Best thing to do is set up an account and see when you can apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

I ended up not applying at all, just because I don't know if I can make it yet. Will it be possible to buy tickets on ebay or whatever a couple of weeks before the event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

I got 2 tickets for the Judo...Wuhoooo!

http://www.london2012.com/judo

Got 2 freestyle tickets, but no judo unfortunately.
    r_obric wrote: »

they really made a ****ing disaster out of allocating the tickets.

I think the system was actually quite fair. Much more so than first come, first served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

Got 2 freestyle tickets, but no judo unfortunately.

I think the system was actually quite fair. Much more so than first come, first served.

much fairer than first come first served allright, but with 20 million tickets to give awayn to under 2 million applications they could have made the effort to satisfy everyone by limitiing the number of applications per household, but now some people have 20-30 tickets and some have none.

• Advertisement
Advertisement