Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Encore returns. Hasbro reissue rumours.

Options
  • 22-06-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Encore 20: Devastator.
    Encore 21: Twincast
    Encore 22: Soundblaster

Listings have also appeared from Hasbro's branch in Malaysia indicating the Commemorative series is making a return...although there appears to be some confusion as to who.

As with the Seacons reisuse, it's quite likely these would hit retail in Asia...but be online only in the U.S.

Edit for clarification:

Hasbro re-reissues are those already reissued. Datsuns, Hot Rod, Astrotrain. As of this edit date, still nothing more. Probably shelved... Perhaps because Hasbro Asia are also agents for Takara, and there's just plain A LOT
    of toys being released at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Nothing more on the Hasbro re-re-issues.

But a reliable source has hinted at.............

Encore.

Dinobots.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

Now that seems like a clever idea. The dinobots have aged relatively well and since there hasn't been a decent update of them (bar possibly MP Grimlock, you could argue about the quality of anything else), there could be a good market for them. Not that we'd ever see them in this part of the world though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I've got Grimlock and Snarl (originals). I'd love to complement them with some snazzy reissues.

I'm gonna be a bit cryptic today:

1) 50/50 chance of something that outmatches pathetic little darts.

And whilst plans sometimes change..... the following IS scheduled.

2) A Thief in the Night is comming.....This story has legs.

• Advertisement

Trypticon
    !

I think i can trust the soruce a lot further than i can throw the character to whom i'm alluding.

Five go up, five go down.

This summer.

MP line has got an internal reshuffle........

They aren't breaking the rules......but they are bending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Apart from the yellow constructicons, any rumours in the encore line or are they waiting till next year before something to come out?

• Advertisement

Scorponok's apparently become when rather than if. That, Fortress Maximus, and Trypticon are all shuffled into next year.... for now. And Black Zarak's been thrown in the ring too.

Superion... Menasor.... i was *told* they want to steal some thunder from Fansproject and TFC, so that could maybe make them next Spring... which is probably about the time 3rd party offerings will come to completion, but that sounds highly open to change too.

Truth is, i haven't heard a lot about Encore recently, other than 'Oh yeah big anniversary push' coming... Takara just seem to have an ongoing problem WRT to getting what they want from reissues.. That Sixshot reissue was...kind of pricey, and it ticked quite a few
    people off, i think. Not in the least because it costs as much as Hexatron will supposedly cost.

There's a lot of chop and change going on at the moment, and out of TT, Hasbro and Hasbro Asia, Hasbro Asia are possibly the only ones who seem to be managing any steady brand growth w/o having to pay off Paramount.

Thanks for that update. If all are true, I'll be a very happy camper (just like Rodimus) :)

25th anniversary was muted for reissues, and economically things may be worse now than then

So Im not expecting a lot.

I found most of the encore series that the price was ok, but with Sixshot hitting 150 dollars or so, I can only imagine Fort Max at least double that. Put shipping on top of that and you're probably looking at 500 dollars or so. I know lots of collectors would want a Fort Max in their collection, but I don't think they would shell out that cash for him (even though its a fair enough price).

Not a very robust idea.... but if you consider the 2012 reissue of Sixshot has a local Asian price about 5X original US retail, and apply that same multiple to Fortress Maximus... you get something in the region of $450 before shipping.

The only thing about that is I'd pay that kinda cash for it. I've already created a bank account for it. It used to be called Kids college fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is it just me who hates the Fort Max toy?

The Metroplex toy was so much better, as was Overlord.

I'm waiting on the link to load but I see the header....I'm sweatin.....

JEBUS CHRIST....... *defenestrates oneself*

• Advertisement

PreOrdered.... I have a sickness so it's ok....

Some part of me wants it.

The other part of me remembers that other than sheer size... i never liked it that much, and wasn't that sorry once i sold it on.

I was *told* that the Car Robots version had a lower quality plastic to it.......... i'm slightly suspicious of how this one is going to turn out;.........but if they're going to reissue Fortress Maximus in a fairly flat economy, and it sells
    to their liking, then i guess potentially a lot of items we once thought off the cards, are not off the cards.

I'm a completist so I need this for my collection. Only a handful of things left. The mad thing is, if this drives down the price of the original, I might try pick that up as well. Did I say I was an addict???? :)

DBK wrote: »
    I'm a completist so I need this for my collection. Only a handful of things left. The mad thing is, if this drives down the price of the original, I might try pick that up as well. Did I say I was an addict???? :)

Did i hear someone say near complete G1 collection?

If so, no mean feat.

The way things appear to be unfolding......it actually looks a bit like the few months after Xmas may be a bit quiet for new releases, including 3rd party.. so that would increase the possibility of me getting it.......

...but i really don't want to get back into collecting actual G1 again. Trying to fill in toys that haven't been reissued, finding ones that aren't worn out, or knock offs.

Well, I stopped at collecting Pretenders and Action masters and didn't bother with the twin targetmasters but most of them I got when I was a kid. Fort max will complete my Autobot headmasters and targetmaster collection.

Just 2 Decepticon headmasters to collect, Octane, the clones and a G1 Thrust and I'm done. Didn't go beyond the '87 years.

Like i said no mean feat.

Apparently Grand Maximus won't be far behind. (eHobby)

If and when Scorponok is re-released, it's fairly indicative of what could happen to Black Zarak.

Is it just me who hates the Fort Max toy?

The Metroplex toy was so much better, as was Overlord.

A friend of mine had Overlord when we were kids. Superb toy.

Was moving stuff in my attic and the weekend and came across those Candy transformers from the 80's. Still with the sweets. I reckon no harm could ever come from eating these sweets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement