Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppies Looking for Home

• 22-06-2011 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,

I found two puppies in Maynooth on Saturday - a boy and a girl. I put notices in the pet shops and the vet, but nobody claimed them They are a jack russell cross, and so so sweet. I, sadly, cannot keep them as I am moving to the States soon, so I need to find them a loving home. They are nervous at first, but once the settle down you are smothered with cuddles.

I don't know what they are like around kids, but I wouldn't recommend putting them with babies or toddlers as they are very jealous of one another, so I can imagine what they would think of something other than them getting the attention!

I would recommend a young couple as the best option. They have just learned how to walk on the lead, and they love it now. The girl is scared of traffic though, so you need to talk to her a bit, and the boy gets feisty when he sees another dog. He's getting much better though.

They really are very very sweet, and it's heartbreaking that I can't keep them. So I hope they find a good home soon.

Let me know,

Laura

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Very cute! Hope you find a good home. There is a rehoming thread you should post in :)
    Did you bring them to a vet to see if they were chipped? Or check on the lost dog sites in case someone posted them there? They might not have been from the area they were found in for instance.

They look like JRT x Chihuahuas to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Definitely chihuahua in there, be very careful of who these go to. Chihuahuas and their crosses I would imagine are very desirable for breeding by puppy farmers especially since you have a male/female pair (who may possible by related so definitely should not be mated to each other :eek:). Please ensure whoever these go to has every intention of neutering them or get them neutered yourself. You could try contacting a rescue either and letting them know you have them and are looking for homes, they may put them up on their website and help you with homevisits to ensure they go to a good home.

Very cute wherever they came from, hope you find a good home for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Definitely chihuahua in there, be very careful of who these go to. Chihuahuas and their crosses I would imagine are very desirable for breeding by puppy farmers especially since you have a male/female pair (who may possible by related so definitely should not be mated to each other :eek:).

First thing that came to my mind also - these two will be VERY desirable for breeding.

Laura, it may be a good idea to contact a charity to see if they can home them for you (and carry out all needed veterinary bits and bobs - vaccinations, microchipping etc.), most charities home check potential homes and have a strict neutering contract with new homes. It will also take the pressure off of you to home them before you go to the States.

Where in Maynooth did you find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm sure I saw post here or maybe FB about these dogs a while back!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

tk123 wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw post here or maybe FB about these dogs a while back!?

A lot of rescues are saying that on FB too but no-one can seem to find the posts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cute and definitely JRT x Chihuahua's... please don't give these to just anybody... I'd take them if I could but we've already two JRT's and a litter on the way in a month :\

Advertisement