Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch Party 2011 - Ballinhassig

Options
  • 22-06-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

22nd to 24th July in Ballinhassig Village (only 8 miles outside Cork City)

Friday night
    John Kenny (Comedian)
    Derek Warfield and the Young Wolfe Tones

€20

Saturday night
    Navi - World's No. 1 Michael Jackson impersonator
    Electric Dreams 80s Disco

€20

Sunday night
    Bassline
    The Bogus Pogues
    The Kilkennys (used to be Uisce Beatha)

€15

Several different day time events over the weekend: Country Market on the Saturday from 12-4pm, Dog Show on the Sunday, Lawnmower racing (great craic) on the sunday, etc.

Great value, excellent nights guaranteed! Tickets available from www.tickets.ie or call 0877476486

Check out www.pitchparty2011.com for details

There is also a taxi rank in the village each of the three nights so you need not worry about getting home!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uhh sounds like fun...I shall put it in me diary and spread the word around..great village so tis

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Milly33 wrote: »
    Uhh sounds like fun...I shall put it in me diary and spread the word around..great village so tis

Cheers Milly! Should be a fantastic weekend...

There's also a free concert for the family and kids on the Sunday (24th July) from 5pm to 7pm by Leon Buckley and the Celtic Knights. They're a local band who play irish, country, trad, rebel, johnny cash, elvis, a bit of everything really...

Also, on the Saturday night, there's a Take Me Out before the gigs...

€45 for a weekend ticket. €1,000 jackpot for the Monster Bingo on Thursday the 21st.

Great value at the Pitch Party, great night guaranteed!

www.pitchparty2011.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Honestly imo the Line up is fairly rubbish compared to previous years, but what i want to know is will the fun fair be there again this year? oh and also will the ballinhassig Gaa be running any events this year?

family are from the area so we'd usually head down there,

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Honestly imo the Line up is fairly rubbish compared to previous years, but what i want to know is will the fun fair be there again this year? oh and also will the ballinhassig Gaa be running any events this year?

family are from the area so we'd usually head down there,

McFaddden's Funfair is there from the Wednesday or Thursday to the Sunday.

There area series of day events ran by the GAA Club. A country market on the Saturday from 11am to 3pm and on the Sunday, there's:

- A family cycle at 11am
    - Kids Entertainment including face painting, karaoke, etc. @ 2-5pm
    - Dog Show and €3 to enter @ 2-3.30pm
    - Teddy Bear Sheep Racing @ 4.30-5pm
    - Vintage Run @ 4-5pm
    - Kids Fancy Dress @ 5pm

The C103FM Road Show will be in the pitch from 3-5pm for entertainment and excellent prizes.

There's also a Free Concert in the Marquee from 5-7pm

Enjoy :)

Friday next (22nd July) at the Pitch Party. Jon Kenny replaced Joe Rooney (Father Damo in Father Ted) and Finbarr Furey. So that's €20 for three acts - Derek Warfield and the Young Wolfe Tones, Joe Rooney and Finbarr Furey.

Saturday night (23rd July) - Take Me Out, Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson impersonator) and Electric Dreams 80s Disco. €20 again for three events.

Sunday night (24th July) - Bassline, The Bogus Pogues and The Kilkennys. €15.

Excellent value for a great night's entertainment! www.pitchparty2011.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Blue Magic wrote: »
    Friday next (22nd July) at the Pitch Party. Jon Kenny replaced Joe Rooney (Father Damo in Father Ted) and Finbarr Furey. So that's €20 for three acts - Derek Warfield and the Young Wolfe Tones, Joe Rooney and Finbarr Furey.

Saturday night (23rd July) - Take Me Out, Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson impersonator) and Electric Dreams 80s Disco. €20 again for three events.

Sunday night (24th July) - Bassline, The Bogus Pogues and The Kilkennys. €15.

Excellent value for a great night's entertainment! www.pitchparty2011.com
    bet your not affiliated at all eh? c'mon Ballyg! :D

bet your not affiliated at all eh? c'mon Ballyg! :D

I proudly am :D Great craic at the event. Have got great support in previous years from our fellow parishioners and expect no less this year..

Advertisement