Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 1 of 5 picnic baskets to get to Know Your Neighbour!

Options
  • 22-06-2011 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Most of you don't need an excuse for a party, barbecue or picnic, but we have one - the ESB Electric Ireland-sponsored Know Your Neighbour weekend, run by Macra Na Feirme.

This year's Know Your Neighbour weekend will take place July 9th and 10th. It's a great initiative encouraging people to get to know their neighbours, whether by organising a barbecue, coffee morning, sports day or simply popping over to a neighbour to say hi. For more info, activity suggestions and also organiser's packs, visit the Know Your Neighbour website.

So to encourage you to venture beyond the garden fence and increase your social network (the one without the risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome :p) we have five great picnic baskets, thanks to Hampers & Co., to give away to five winners.

5851830681_ff663bc39e.jpg

Hampers & Co. picnic basket

To be in with a chance to win, simply post a comment below. If you can't think of a comment, you could post a limerick about where you would hold your picnic – just a suggestion, but we think all would enjoy this. The competition will run until midnight, Tuesday 28th June, and winners will be chosen at random - see our T&C here.
    So, in the spirit of things - to our Boards.ie "Talk to..." forum neighbours Elara.ie and Gamesnash.ie: Hello! :)

Get posting folks and best of luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What if your in the middle of know where and have no neighbours, can you still win? :pac:

NB: the website link needs to be edited slightly:> http://www.hampersandco.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Hello to all my boardsie neighbours..... you know who you are !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Howdydoody neighbourino!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 scoobisnacks

I would like to win this fab hamper
    So my husband, I could pamper
    It's five years since we wed
    And he's kept me well fed
    In return maybe I'll get some Campers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Avril123

I love picnics!!! I would love a picnic basket..they are so hard to find these days.. I would have a picnic on the sugar loaf, very nice views from there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Our neighbourhood is having a street party with picnic next weekend, replete with bunting of all things!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I love to go down to Muckross on a sunny day and have a picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Our neighbourhood is having a street party with picnic next weekend, replete with bunting of all things!

We have a Know Your Neighbour street party each year. Everyone brings biscuits/cake and we have tea and coffee. We've never managed bunting, but often end up with brightly coloured umbrellas, as its rained on us a few years running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I would love to go to the Phoenix Park with my picnic basket, I can't think of a better location to enjoy a peaceful few hours, with nice scenery and fantastic company :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Its not just the yummy food or fizzy drinks
    the annoying flies and rainy weather :rolleyes:
    its being with family and friends: the joy of being together

Thats why I want to go on a big fat picnic and win a hamper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

I'm Ron Burgundy !

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

If only we had the weather to get the use of the hamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

I'd love to win this, haven't had a picnic in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Looks fancier than my normal cutlery!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

comment.

P.S. I love cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

That's the perfect size for my super duper quick picnic

1x hot cooked chicken
    1x brennans pan
    1x real butter
    ?x beer of choice

This recipe can be used indoors or out and with multiples of neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

The weather here is dreadful,
    Its really very dull,
    So I need this hamper,
    And hope its very full

I'd fill it up with lots of booze,
    And sit out in the car,
    Turn the heat up really high,
    And use my 'mini bar'!
    ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Very fancy, just the thing for a spot of croquet on the lawn, what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I regularly picnic in my Neighbour's garden... maybe if I had the hamper I'd invite him along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ttt3

Can see myself now......hair blowing in the wind,cascading down my bronzed back, looking oh so elegant , having a picnic in Ireland, in the rain.....ok Ireland and rain so true....the hair. the bronzed back...wishful thinking....would love the picnic basket...please dont burst my bubble!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Peace and love to every 1 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mr Crabs

I would :pac: food from that hamper... i don't know why i want this :) i would picnic so much if i had it though ha

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Oh that is ridiculously cute!

I moved recently and have to admit I'm finding this part of Dublin pretty different. It's full of FAMILIES. Which is a lovely change to the soulless boxes of the last neighbourhood. Would love to bring the basket for a spin on the green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ive got a hammock

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Well if I won one of these it would be the perfect opportunity to hold a neighbourhood picnic! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Is it bear proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Randyaster

I'd Have my picnic up a tree!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I like picnics, so I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

there is a river over the road from where i live, great place to sit, have a picnic, chat with the neighbours and watch the swans and ducks on a lovely sunny day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Electric Ireland are giving out hampers,
    To some lucky boards.ie campers,
    If I were to win,
    What I would put in,
    Would be loads of strawberries and champers!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement