Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia eVisitor (651) or Tourist Visa (676)?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

I have read the descriptions for both and a lot on the website and even the Wizard on IMMI suggests that both may be suitable for me, so I just want to know which would be preferable.

I'm going to New Zealand for the World Cup but plan to stop off in Syndey for about 1 week to see friends and family. Is the eVisitor (651) quicker or simpler to get than the Tourist Visa (676)? I'll only be there for a week but obviously I want the visa that is most acceptable to the Australian immigration people.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 E.E.T

Had same dilemma as you few weeks back. My findings:

evisitor=free/takes a few days to come through.
    ETA=$20/is instant in its processing..usually done through travel agents etc.

I applied for the eVisitor as I wasn't heading away for few weeks so I knew I'd have it in time. As it turned out I applied for the visa at like 9pm one night and got an email to say it was granted at 11am the next day. How instant is that/Why would you want to pay $20!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Perfect, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I don't mean to resurrect a zombie thread, but I've just applied for an eVisitor visa and was granted it straightaway :) !

Can I expect to get anything in the post to put into my passport? Or is it OK for me to travel with just the passport. When I applied in 1994 a page was stapled into my passport by the Australian Embassy!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Hi Kelle, its linked to your passport. They scan the passport at the airport and it pops up.

From the immigration website: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evisitor.htm#e

Australian visa label requirementsIf you are granted an eVisitor you do not need a visa label in your passport. Instead, you will be sent notification of the grant by email. Please keep this notification as it describes the conditions that apply to your eVisitor

Happy travels :)

Advertisement