Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montessori primary school

• 22-06-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am an Italian undergraduate student. In september I will start writing my graduation thesis and probably the subject will be: "The Montessori Primary school in Ireland". I will come to Ireland for the research but honestly I don't know a lot about your Primary school and I don't know if all schools are Montessori. Are there any Montessori state schools? Can you please tell me something more about this type of school?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Not too many Montessori Primary schools and any I know of are private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Very very few Montessori Primary schools - no public/state ones that I know of. Lots of creches here pass themselves off as Montessori here without providing proper Montessori equipment, or properly qualified teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pimpa

Thank you both for the answers. I think I should revise the subject of my thesis. Thanks!

Advertisement