Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand fridge freezers?

• 22-06-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

The ol' fridge freezer is after packing in so just wondering does anyone know anywhere around town that sells second hand fridge freezers at good prices?

Something like this I'm looking for:

http://www.adverts.ie/kitchen-appliances/fridge-frezzer/417008?ct=1#comment_3912948

Just waiting to hear back from that seller on adverts.ie but wanna keep my options open

Hoping to pay between 80 and 150 euros :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    The ol' fridge freezer is after packing in so just wondering does anyone know anywhere around town that sells second hand fridge freezers at good prices?

Something like this I'm looking for:

http://www.adverts.ie/kitchen-appliances/fridge-frezzer/417008?ct=1#comment_3912948

Just waiting to hear nack from that seller on adverts.ie but wanna keep my options open

Hoping to pay between 80 and 150 euros :)

rather unfortunate typo there... *whistles innocently* :D

but seriously, i wouldn't buy a second hand fridge, i seem to remember something from a few years back saying that they had gases in them that could be dangerous if they leaked, so on...

honestly you'd get an under counter fridge brand new with a guarantee for that money out in currys!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Could try hanging around hegarty's and take one of the ones dropped off. Dropped a perfectly good one there last week, worked perfectly but didn't have room to store it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Cool I may look into those :) Thanks for the help!

But is there any shop in town that does second hand fridges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 helpmemove

I have one that I will need to get rid of at the end of July good working order but the light is gone in the fridge part you could have it for 50.00 if you can or want to wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

helpmemove wrote: »
    I have one that I will need to get rid of at the end of July good working order but the light is gone in the fridge part you could have it for 50.00 if you can or want to wait

If he helps you move, can he have it free? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Try

www.jumbletown.ie or limerick freecycle (it's a yahoo group). I got my fridge freezer from a guy on limerick freecycle, and it works perfectly! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yamo2004

I have a fridge freezer and a washing machine/dryer, and a few beds, in a house in Rathfarnham - and whoever wants them for free can have them. House has been sold and it's too much hassle to transport them down the country, where I live. Can arrange a viewing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yamo2004 wrote: »
    I have a fridge freezer and a washing machine/dryer, and a few beds, in a house in Rathfarnham - and whoever wants them for free can have them. House has been sold and it's too much hassle to transport them down the country, where I live. Can arrange a viewing.

Rathfarnham? As in, Rathfarnham, County Dublin? Good luck!

Take it to Adverts.ie, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yamo2004

Okay, will do - not very familiar with how things work here. Thanks

Advertisement