Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citypost

• 22-06-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here use citypost for sending parcels & packages? Ive started selling some stuff through ebay that im clearing out and ordered a collectin on Monday for Tuesday but wasnt collected til today so just wondering are they always like this? Its easier to get stuff collected then go to post office but not if ive to wait 2 days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

haven't used them. How does their prices compare to An Post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

sent a 4kg box. €11.99 citypost. An Post site said €12. No major savings. And an post would probably have been quicker if id just taken the pack to the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Is there a guarantee on the delivery date ? Do citypost have a full address listing for every house/business and know where they are in the republic of ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭capefear

depending on the amount of picks ups you have a week give fastway a call. they have great prices I think its €7.00 + vat for a box up to 30kgs in weight and 2 meters in long anywhere in ireland and €5 for a bag and they pick up daily with next day delivery.

We been using them for a year now and no issues, the only downside is you have to buy a book of labels in advance.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

We've starting using them since last week but very disappointed so far. The sale rep told us that he'd arrange a 4.30-5 pick up, but the delivery guy said the pick up time would vary. We sent stuff to clients last Thursday which hasn't even arrived yet (Tuesday). Also the rep told us it was next day delivery on items within Dublin, but we have now been told this is not the case and its 2 working days within Dublin. All in all very disappointing, so looks like we'll be making other arrangements. Anyone else had a similar exerpience?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I used Citypost and then a GLS Gurrier showed up, and he was a unplesant creamer.........(story bud and all that BS)........goind buy the rest of this thread, citypost will go under quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

MidlandsM wrote: »
    ........going buy the rest of this thread, citypost will go under quick enough.

as a staff member of An Post I hope your right !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Supraman wrote: »
    as a staff member of An Post I hope your right !

its not city post you civil servants should fear........its the rest of the big boys who will come in and hoover up all the nice handy postal work, basically, get your CV updated if I was you.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

neris wrote: »
    sent a 4kg box. €11.99 citypost. An Post site said €12. No major savings. And an post would probably have been quicker if id just taken the pack to the post office

Was that within Ireland? If so there are definitely cheaper options out there for guaranteed next day delivery within the 32 counties? Nightline, DPD etc..

Advertisement