Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Drawing Tattoo Idea...... Would it work?

Options
  • 22-06-2011 5:51pm

Right, I have this idea of drawing a large back tattoo using the same technique I used to use in technical drawing in school.. I owned the subject back then so it would be an interesting project finding the equipment here and spending a couple of months working on my skills and the design.

The key to the tattoo would be having the construction lines lightly inked while the main design would stand out dark.. And it would cover the entire left side of my back around to my ribs.
    Similar to this style of drawing.
    http://t1.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/07/82/62/400_F_7826220_3wQkBHzpwoBZm3hgwWzaH7sbt5wnfMNY.jpg

Now, how well would something this work on actual skin? Is this something a run of the mill tattoo artist could achieve? I imagine it would take a few sittings as there would be a fairly huge amount of detail that would have to be copied exactly from my A3 drawing.
    And how would it fare over time... The construction lines could just end up warped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

I think it could be done well by a very good artist.

Every single line would need to be executed perfectly. There's no room for error on something like this.

Hmm... A hunt drawing stuff and a great tattooist in Asia. I know there's none in Vietnam.

Advertisement