Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop

Options
  • 22-06-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to get a cheap (preferably free) version of up to date Photoshop software for Windows Vista. All versions that I've found in shops or on-line seems extremely overpriced for a photo editing software. Also, on that point, if there is software that can do a similar/better job for cheap or free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

You can be guaranteed that nobody will tell you how to get it for free. A student version is available if you are a student. Other than that, expect to pay full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭peejay1986

dmullins3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get a cheap (preferably free) version of up to date Photoshop software for Windows Vista. All versions that I've found in shops or on-line seems extremely overpriced for a photo editing software. Also, on that point, if there is software that can do a similar/better job for cheap or free.

The reason it's expensive is because it is a professional piece of software. It aids professionals in producing things to make money. In the same way that a professional football boots are expensive for a footballer, or a guitar is to a musician.

There is GIMP as an alternative. It's a free photo editing software that does many of the things that Photoshop does. A very good alternative in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

It can be torrented(downloaded) i hear, and I do not recommend doing this, you wouldnt download a car! its stealing. or whatever..

the only reason you would need it over gimp would be if u were working with something very specific technically and probably getting paid for it, in which case you really need the license which is included when you purchase photoshop.
    If you just want it for mucking around with photos/manipulating things or just having some fun learning how to use it etc. Gimp is much the same really. and free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

thanks. Ive fotten gimp. it works just as well

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

thanks. Ive gotten gimp. it works just as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement