Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Educate Together NS in Blanchardstown, D15

Options
  • 22-06-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Educate Together are opening their newest school on September 1st in Dublin 15. Blanchardstown West ETNS will be located beside Mary Mother of Hope National Schools in high grade pre-fabs for the first few years of it development before moving to a permanent location in the West Blanchardstown area.

Fergal Collins who was the deputy principal in Tyrrelstown Educate Together since it opened in 2005, will be the new school principal.

Parents who want to find out more about the school, or would like to enrol their children can contact Fergal on 086 603 9180 or Jarlath Munnelly, school manager at 01 4292500. Alternatively, check out the schools website, www.bwetns.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So Casteheany? had to go look that up... is there a catchment area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

January wrote: »
    So Casteheany? had to go look that up... is there a catchment area?

No thats not Casteheany :confused:

Casteheany ET have a permnant building on the Ongar Road..

Maybe im wrong :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ETWest

January, this is a new Educate Together National School, which is being opened in pre-fabs beside Mary Mother of Hope NS in Littlepace.

See here for a location map:
    http://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?msid=206611447047052937364.0004a625314804a4da109&msa=0

After 2-3 years, the plan is to move the school into permanent accommodation, the Department of Education are looking for sites at the moment.

And no, there is no catchment area, like all Educate Together schools, it will operate on a first come first served basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Best of luck with the new school :)

Its great that all these primary schools are opening in the area, I just hope that the second level schools can accommodate the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

@ ET West - not being pedantic but ET website says many of their schools have the first come first served policy.

http://www.educatetogether.ie/schools-start-up-groups/faq/

I guess I need to check if our local one does. I have a feeling we may be down the list as its a very popular one and we weren't very early applying. I guess you are officially involved in an ET school from your username. Do you know if ET schools can tell me now that for a particular year they have x applicants, y places and we are above that and should think of other options etc. Feel free to PM if you'd prefer to keep off thread. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ETWest

@ Part Time Punk - first come first served is the norm in an ET school. Yes, contact the school you are interested in, and they should be able to tell you where you are on the list, but very often being well down the list does not always mean you won't get a place, some of the other names above you might have moved. It really depends where the school is. The school will give you a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

@ ETWest thanks for that. Yeah I've just sent them an email as phoning schools over the Summer isn't an option

Advertisement