Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Data Transfer Settings

Options
  • 22-06-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have recently moved across to Tesco Mobile and so far everything is going well. The only problem I am having is with Syncing my contacts with Ovi.com

I have an Ex-O2 Nokia 6303 unlocked phone. I got the Tesco Mobile WAP and MMS settings sent to my phone and deleted the O2 ones. But when I try to sync my contacts, I get a message saying "Data transfer not possible. Check data connection"

I have checked all of the settings, but cannot find out what is wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Shyboy,

It sounds like a you need to associate the TMI WAP/Internet data profile with the ovi service. In Symbian you usually need to tell each service which data profile to use or to ask you each time if you want to use your wifi for some services.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried a few more settings but still cannot get it to work. I will keep trying.

BTW I have to say that since I have moved to Tesco Mobile, support and service have been excellent. I had a small problem when porting my number across but Customer Care were superb in sorting it out for me. Top Class!!

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Sorted!!:):):)

The Access Point was not set up properly. All done and working!!

Thanks again Paul!!:)

Advertisement