Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Issue

Options
  • 22-06-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I moved out of home in November last - was my first time fleeing the coop so to speak.
    I found a nice double room that suited me perfectly, so I moved in there.
    There was a dog in the house as it was owner occupied, that didnt bother me at all as I love dogs.

That dog is fully house trained so he's fine.

A few months ago, the landlord arrived home with a puppy - he had cleared it with myself and the housemate before hand so it was to be expected. I assumed he would train the dog like the other one - so it dosnt go to the toilet in the house.

They dont get left out the back - my landlord likes to leave the conservatory door open for them! (I pulled him up on this before as anyone could just walk on - he stopped for a while but since has started doing it again)

So now, the puppy has not been house trained - she pisses and sh1ts everywhere.. walked into the kitchen earlier after coming in from work and was greeted with 2 big turds on the floor and not a window or door open!!
    I was expecting this as I could smell it from the front door and can no smell it in my room!

I've had enough at this stage - I cant even cook in the kitchen as theres a smell of wee and poo coming from the conservatory!

Since he has started leaving the door open again (I close it before bed) - every little noise at night has me waking up in a sweat, sometimes I even get up and hide my most expensive things as I think there is someone in the house.

Last month he reduced the rent by 50e as the house was in such a state as he was on long shifts which was fair enough.

Surely its not healthy for me or anyone to be living in this situation?!

I have an interview for a job next week that would involve me moving anyways if I got it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Not sure what exactly your question is.

As you are living with a live-in landlord, you have very few rights. However, you can also leave with very little notice usually a couple of weeks is fine.

It's up to you to decide if you want to stay or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 mh102

Have a mate ere in Gorey and he is thinkin of breaking 1 yr lease after 4 mnths, holdin back last mnths rent so he wont loose his deposit and then leving the premises, Will he get away with it?

Advertisement